You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
We've raised 45% of ourGoal of $500,000!
Help us lead more teens to Christ! We've raised 45% of our Goal of 500,000!Donate Now
Summit reflection video on the 3rd Sunday of Advent with Rachel Penate.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This world does not make it easy to be a good man. What we need are good brothers to help us along the way. Men we can learn from and grow with. Men who’ve struggled and men who’ve surrendered to the Holy Spirit working in their lives. Join us at Camp Hidden Lake for an incredible retreat experience.
Life Teen Women's Retreats are an incredible opportunity for women from all walks of life to come together for an inspiring, refreshing weekend retreat. Come grow in prayer and sisterhood at either Camp Covecrest in the mountains of Georgia, or the beautiful St. Louis, MO. Registration is now open!
Awaken Hope: Reflections on the Season of Advent gives you a reason to pause and take a step back during this busy time of year, to shift your focus from material to spiritual preparation. With reflections for each day of the Advent season, this companion is the perfect way to prepare for Christmas and get the most out of this wonderful time of year.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Corsicana, TX
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
Director of Music Ministry and Liturgy
October 1, 2017
40 Hours week
General Summary of the Position
To build and sustain congregational song at weekend Liturgies. (Saturday 5:30 PM, Sunday 8:00 & 9:30 AM). Also, foster active participation at the liturgy through congregational singing, reflective and prayerful execution of instrumental and choral/solo musical selections.
Assist the Pastor and Director of Faith Formation by providing administrative support and planning of Children’s Faith Formation, Youth Ministry, and RCIA.
Both positions may require some evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRY
• Responsible for all music associated with worship, religious education, parish school, social ministry, and evangelization in the parish
• Responsible for performing three weekend parish liturgies as accompanist (piano/guitar) and directing cantors or choir including major feasts/Holy Days of Obligation
• Responsible for performing/leading music for weekly school Mass (prek-8) and Youth Mass (Wednesday) during academic year
• Coordinating and staffing liturgies with competent musicians. Recruit special volunteer musicians as necessary
• Serving as a music resource to our 2 Spanish Mass choirs, though not responsible for them
• Ensure quality of musical performance during Masses
• Weekly rehearsals with choir/musicians
• Designing and printing special occasion worship aids
• Ensure copyright licensing and usage reporting to major music publishers
• Execute management & effective utilization of sound system.
• Provide visible, accessible presence at parish events
• Serve as resource on musical and liturgical matters for staff, faculty and volunteers
• Collaborate with Business Manager on preparation and implementation of Music budget
• Funerals & Weddings outside of office hours will be stipend by contracting party
• Attend all staff meetings and worship committee meetings
• Other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Pastor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or a related field required.
• Proficient on piano or guitar, in conducting, and in singing
• Ability to read music
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Publisher, Social Media)
• Excellent communication skills (working well with adults and children alike, as well as high school students)
• Eclectic/versatile musical knowledge and styles including standard modern Catholic music, traditional hymns, and Praise & Worship style of music
• Working knowledge of basic sound system functions
• Spanish a plus
• Practicing Catholic preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
• Requires use of hands to play musical instruments.
• Must be able to speak and hear.
• Must be capable of lifting 15+ pounds.
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church is the oldest operating parish in the Diocese of Dallas. We have 1,000 registered families; seventy percent Hispanic and thirty percent English speaking parishioners. We are considered a rural parish, 60 miles south of Dallas and located on 24 beautiful acres. In the last five years, we have invested heavily in new sound systems, musical equipment and instrumentation.
• Send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com
• Deadline is October 31, 2017