You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Second Sunday in Lent with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
The Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Newman Center is looking for a faithful Catholic person to develop, cultivate, and maintain relationships with prospective and current benefactors. Providing strong, creative and energetic leadership, the Director of Mission Development in conjunction with the Chaplain, will personally represent the Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Newman Center and take a central role in the Newman Center’s current capital campaign, while implementing and expanding the sustainable development program.
• Collaborates with the Chaplain in preparing an annual and five-year strategic plan for the Newman Center’s overall fund development and capital campaign plans, updating it annually
• Effectively and consistently communicates with the Chaplain, the Chief Operating Officer, volunteers, and committees involved in fund development
• Manages a portfolio of major gift donors and all aspects of the fundraising process, including prospect research, strategy development, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Ensures that all major steps of the process are tracked in the assigned CRM system
• Conducts a minimum of twenty (20) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation, or Stewardship meetings
• Prepares activity reports regarding the benefactor cultivation process and prospect pool. Monitors and reports progress towards goals by presenting statistical analyses and leads the efforts to analyze past and present individual donor data, identify trends, and develop plans to improve cultivation and stewardship
• Assists with executing of the Newman Center’s special events, which could include benefactor dinners and receptions, golf tournaments, tailgates, special liturgies, and other development events.
• Positively represents to the highest standard of ethics and in a professional manner, the Holy Trinity Newman Center and the Diocese of Phoenix at community and regional charity events as a part of the donor cultivation process
• Participates in strategic sessions, staff meetings, and other related activities.
• Performs additional duties and special projects assigned by the Chaplain and/or COO
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years of experience in non-profit/development/ fundraising
• Proven track record identifying, cultivating, and engaging benefactors
• Active practicing Catholic who is living out the sacraments
• Able to articulate a clear understanding of the Catholic faith and serve as a committed witness to its “mission”.
• Willingness and ability to travel 25% in Arizona and surrounding states.
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
• Superb communication and interpersonal skills, maturity, and the ability to work well with others
• Ability to deliver engaging presentations
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm required to interact with volunteers and donors in a variety of settings
• Extensive experience in the cultivation and solicitation of charitable gifts
• Ability to use internet technology and software in daily operations
• Ability to organize, delegate, set schedules, prioritize tasks and work both independently and with other members of the department
Why consider the opportunity?
• You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and mission-driven organization of the Catholic faith
• Holy Trinity Newman Center is located in one of the most beautiful cities in the country, where you will be a part of a growing community
• Professional and spiritual development opportunities
• Opportunity to contribute and be a part of a historic expansion project
The Holy Trinity Catholic Newman Center in Flagstaff, Arizona, serves 500 parishioners weekly over three Masses, half of which are students, and the other half are from the community. The Holy Trinity Newman Center Community is growing, expanding, and preparing for decades of future ministry on campus. The Newman Center also offers retreats and various activities for the students and community.
The Newman Center plays an essential role within the Catholic Church and the spiritual journey of its student parishioners. During this critical life juncture, students are faced with countless moral choices, their vocational discernment, and the decision of what role faith and religion will play, if any, in their adult lives. The Newman Center strives to serve students spiritually, vocationally, and intellectually during essential years.
Please send your resume and a brief summary of your Development experience to:
*Must be a PRACTICING Catholic*