You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Sudbury/Maynard, MA
The role of Director of Family Faith Formation is to ensure that the various faith formation programs and activities are in alignment with the parish mission and vision and are effective in helping young people and families take the next step on their discipleship path. This position includes an emphasis on parent engagement and increasing participation in Sunday Mass.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve on the Pastor’s Leadership Team, share a view for every aspect of the parish life. Provide the Leadership Team with a general direction of the parish faith formation programs, including areas of opportunity for parish-wide consideration.
• Lead and manage the Faith Formation Team, under a cohesive vision.
• Run the faith formation program at Our Lady of Fatima for children Pre-K through Grade 5.
Faith Formation Development:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive program that serves the needs of children at various stages of learning; supports the parish vision and key messaging; and engages the parents as contributors to faith development.
• Create short-term and long-term plans to enhance the programs.
• Reporting to the Pastor, recommend ongoing communication, planning, evaluation and progress status.
• Create a curriculum calendar and schedule of events for students and families.
• Identify curriculum resources, teaching aids and budgetary implications for approval.
• Develop Sacramental Preparation programs for First Reconciliation and First Communion. Provide support and guidance for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
• Establish, train and mentor a Faith Formation Team of volunteers to prepare classroom activities and work directly with the children.
Family Life Ministry:
• As the Director of Faith and Family Formation, it is critical that the path of discipleship surrounds the child and family above and beyond classroom teaching. Identify opportunities for parent outreach and engagement to increase family participation in religious education and parish life.
• Develop and sustain high-quality Children’s Liturgy of the Word to be celebrated, at minimum, Sunday mornings during the school year.
• Direct the Baptismal team in the preparation of the Sacrament, including parental instruction, support and follow-up.
• Development and oversight of Summer Adventure Camp, including curriculum, recruitment of volunteers and communication.
• Must enjoy working with young children and parents and demonstrate a genuine desire to share and guide their faith.
• Preferred experience includes catechetical teaching, educational, classroom setting or similar environment working with children.
• Demonstrated leadership; strong organizational skills; excellent written, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
• The ideal candidate must be a strong, practicing Catholic with an optimism and eagerness to share and foster our faith.
• While respectful of our tradition, you are forward-thinking, welcome innovation and new opportunities.
• Expected to be present on Sundays, Christmas, and Easter.
• Working with a broad spectrum of staff and volunteers, you must be collaborative, solicit others’ ideas and perspectives, and be an active listener and learner.
Physical Performance Elements:
• Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities
Saint Anselm, Saint Bridget, and Our Lady of Fatima are three churches serving Sudbury, Maynard, and surrounding communities. Soon to be united as one parish, we represent a vibrant and diverse community of believers. We are united in our belief that the path to a better life is through Jesus Christ. Our mission is threefold: to welcome the unchurched, to deepen the faith of committed followers of Jesus, and to invite all to take their next step in discipleship. We seek a passionate individual who can embrace this vision and bring it to life for our families and their children.
Our Faith Formation and Youth Ministry programs are rooted in developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through each stage of life. Each program meets the student wherever they are in their faith development, shaping their path to discipleship. For our youngest students, we oﬀer Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, a Montessori-based approach that revolves around the parable of Jesus as the Good Shepherd, who calls each of us by name. Students in middle school participate in Edge, while Life Teen is oﬀered for those in high school.
We believe we will be most successful when we support the entire family on their faith journey. This includes, but is not limited to, oﬀering a Children’s Liturgy of the Word during the 10 AM Sunday Mass, baptismal preparation, engaging parents through volunteer opportunities, providing ongoing communication and at-home activities, and connecting through family hospitality. An essential responsibility for this person will be crafting and implementing a curriculum for children in grades 1-5.
The Director of Family Faith Formation will serve on the pastor’s leadership team and lead the faith formation team, which includes our Middle School and High School Youth Ministers as well as a Director of Faith Formation based at Saint Bridget. This person must have the ability to partner across multiple programs to ensure a consistent vision and seamless progression as each child grows. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, well organized, collaborative, and adaptable to a fast-paced, growing community.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR_Staffing@rcab.org