You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Winchester, MA
The Director of Ministries is responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and execution to engage and educate the youth of both St. Eulalia’s and St. Mary’s parishes; acts as a liaison between the pastors/administrators, youth and their families to the pastoral team, the parish family, and the surrounding community. Coordinates activities to plan, organize and implement faith formation programs for all ages. Articulates the vision of religious education and addresses the four-fold task of catechesis: proclaim the message, build-up the community, motivate to serve, and lead to worship and prayer. Provides leadership and administration in parish life and coordinates others in ministry.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Director of Religious Education
• Youth Ministry Coordinator
Director of Religious Education
Continuing Theological, Spiritual and Professional Development
1. Participates in religious education administrators meetings
2. Participates in diocesan religious education meetings and assists in programming
3. Participates in religious education organizations
4. Participates in an experience of spiritual growth at least once a year.
5. Participates annually in a performance appraisal process with the pastors
Recruit and Form Catechesis
1. Recruits and places catechists who are professed and practicing Catholics
2. Works with catechists to develop needed competencies
3. Trains catechists utilizing diocesan competencies.
4. Supports, in collaboration with St. Mary School principal, all school catechists.
5. Supports, supervises and evaluates all non-school catechists in areas of responsibility.
6. Assumes responsibility for non-school catechist certification in all areas of responsibility.
7. Facilitates the development of a community of faith among all non-school catechists.
8. Collaborates with the school Principal in community of faith opportunities for the school catechists.
Programming for Religious Education
1. Articulates a vision of catechesis as stated in contemporary catechetical documents of the church.
2. Implements and maintains programs based on the general principles of the National Directory for Catechesis.
3. Provides a curriculum and ensures that catechists teach basic Catholic doctrine and traditions in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
4. Provides a curriculum which incorporates message, community, prayer and service components.
5. Provides a curriculum of human sexuality which is age-appropriate.
6. Provides family centered catechetical opportunities.
7. Provides parishioners, in conjunction with the pastor and pastoral staff, seasonal material for personal prayer/spiritual enrichment.
8. Chooses catechetical material in accord with diocesan policy
9. Follows diocesan guidelines in designing, implementing and evaluating sacramental programs (First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Adult Confirmation, RCIA)
10. Utilizes guides developed by the Office of Catholic Education for all areas of catechesis
11. Designs, implements, and evaluates programs to further parish goals for religious education
12. Provides programs for parents and involves them systematically in the religious education of children
13. Communicates results of evaluation to participants and others
14. Serves as a catechetical resource to school faculty and other parish ministers as requested
1. Participates as a member of the Pastoral Team of St. Mary and St. Eulalia Parishes
2. Provides information to pastor, pastoral staffs and parishes pertaining to matters regarding religious education in all areas of responsibility
3. Pursues a quality working relationship between self and pastors/administrators
4. Manages the offices for religious education, especially
a. maintaining files related to catechesis
b. ordering I maintaining supplies for all catechetical programming
c. providing all needed information for entry of sacramental records in areas of responsibility
d. establishes job description for assistant and a performance appraisal procedure of the same
5. Manages religious education resource centers
6. Communicates with the parish, via bulletin, announcements, social media and newsletters all religious education activities
7. Identifies budgetary needs and requests funds for religious education
8. Monitors the payment of bills and collection of fees, and stays within budget guidelines
Youth Ministry Coordinator
• Be familiar and in compliance with the Protocol for Ministry for Minors as stated in the Diocesan Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Schedule and plan for a comprehensive youth ministry based in the Bishops Document entitled “Renewing the Vision.”
• Recruit, train and develop a youth ministry advisory council that consists of young people and adults that will assist in the scheduling and planning for a comprehensive ministry to youth.
• Coordinate the youth ministry program with the parish intergenerational process of G.I.F.T.
Job Skills Required
• Facilitating and consulting skills
• Good leadership skills
• Good counseling or active listening skills
• Active and practicing Catholic
• Must be current in theology, Scripture, liturgy and canon law
• Must remain current on pastoral, spiritual, psychological, ecclesiastical and management techniques
• Possess an understanding of spiritual concepts such as discipleship and conversion, outreach, relationship building, foundations of youth retreats, prayer and liturgy.
• Able to use effective communication skills
• Have the ability to have a very flexible schedule as to meet the needs of both parishes
• Be certified or working towards certification as set for by the Diocese through the Office of Evangelization.
• Master’s degree in Theology, Religious Education, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies or Education with a major focus in Theology or Religious Studies; or Master’s degree in Education, with a minimum of 12 additional graduate hours in Theology, Religious Studies, or Religious Education
• Three years experience as a catechist
• Experiences in administering a least one area of parish religious education or a practicum in religious education administration as part of Master’s Program.
St. Eulalia and St. Mary Parishes are pre-collaborative (2021) and are both located in the Town of Winchester, MA. These two thriving parishes have over 10,000 parishioners collectively and encompass the cities and towns of Arlington, Winchester and Woburn. Under the Archdiocesan Disciples in Mission plan, St Mary’s Parish will be joining St Eulalia’s Parish as a Collaborative. We will share a Pastor, a Pastoral Team and a Pastoral Council. The members will be encouraged to work together, but each Parish will remain open and maintain its own identity – its own name, buildings and finances.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org