You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Wayland, MA
Good Shepherd Parish (GSP) in Wayland Massachusetts is hiring a full time Youth Minister and Director of Confirmation. Candidates for Youth Minister & Director of Confirmation must be a practicing Roman Catholic committed to the mission of Catholic education and building a culture of discipleship among teens and families. Youth Ministry and Youth Faith Formation at GSP incorporate a variety of experiential opportunities to invite youth to grow in their personal relationship with God and to participate in a community of faith. Youth Ministry includes prayer opportunities, service projects, Bible studies, leadership formation, and retreats. Confirmation Preparation includes a component of the program in which students must participate in some Youth Ministry events of their choice. The goal is to help students find their place in our faith community, develop relationships with peers who will mutually encourage one another on their faith journey, and live their call to discipleship through prayer, service, and participation in worship.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor or master’s degree in theology or pastoral ministry, with past experience in Catholic Youth Ministry preferred. Extensive experience leading a parish youth ministry program may be considered in lieu of academic qualifications. Must have strong relational and communication skills, ability to work on a team and create a team ministry.
This position plans and coordinates:
• Religious education for Confirmation students in grades 9-10. The Build the Kingdom Confirmation program has several components. The Director of Confirmation is responsible for teaching large group sessions, mentoring small group
leaders and designing and directing a series of HS youth ministry events designed to invite the Confirmation students to engage in various facets of parish life.
• Ministry to students in grades 6-8.
• Prayer and service opportunities including mission trips for grades 6-12
• Leadership Formation / Retreat Team for students in grades 10-12
• 4-6 Retreats each year for students in grades 9-12.
• Evangelical witness to the youth of our parish.
• Able to articulate their own witness to faith and relationship with Christ in a way that is accessible to young people.
• Able to articulate the teachings of the Church. Comfortable engaging in conversations with young people who lack understanding of Church teaching and who may disagree regarding issues of faith and morals.
• Comfortable engaging with young people in large group, small discussion group and one on one conversations.
• Comfortable leading youth in prayer and engaging young people in learning to pray.
• A desire to lead youth in service and the ability to help youth to integrate their service experiences into an understanding of Christian witness.
• Ability to work with parents and other members of the community in creating a vision for youth ministry and forming partnerships in developing programming.
• Ability to work in coordination with other staff members in catechetical programs, liturgical planning and family ministry.
• Strong communication skills, confident public speaker
• Organized, detail-oriented
• Competent with G Suite (Google Docs, Drive, Forms, Gmail, Sheets)
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Recruit and train adult volunteers. Disciple catechists involved in youth faith formation.
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Maintain appropriate confidentiality
• Conform to the protocols of the Child Protection Policy for the Archdiocese of Boston.
• Available at times convenient to youth and families, including evenings and weekends.
• Serve as a liaison with the diocesan office of youth ministry and their programs, services and resources when deemed helpful and appropriate
• Participate in the Archdiocesan formation of youth ministers as well as The Gathering, an association of Catholic Youth Ministers.
We, the Roman Catholic community of Good Shepherd Parish, strive to be a living sign of Christ’s love in and for the world. In response to our Baptismal call, nourished by the Eucharist and guided by the values of the Second Vatican Council, we seek to continue the mission of Jesus Christ by welcoming, supporting and guiding all through prayer, sacramental celebration, service and education.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.