You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Help us reach every teen, restore every parish, and reclaim the culture. Join us today!
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Director of Communication and Marketing Job Description:
Vagabond Missions is seeking a dynamic professional to assume the rapidly evolving role of Communications
Director. Both an action-oriented strategist and self-starter, the Communications
Director will lead Vagabond Missions through developing and executing a detailed
communications strategy that effectively tells the story of the mission to drive
donations, recruitment of missionaries, and expansion.
Experience in a faith-based nonprofit or communications firm is strongly desired.
This position requires an exceptional writer and creative thinker. She/he will be skilled
at working with VM staff, volunteers, and donors to create compelling materials and
build effective relationships with media outlets while developing and maintaining a
vibrant, high-quality online presence.
The Communications Director should possess a long-term vision for the
communications function; integrating and supporting mission, recruitment,
educational, and development efforts. She/he will provide strategic insight on
communications-related challenges and opportunities that align with the organization’s
mission and plan.
● Develop and implement VM’s communications plan, which includes envisioning
and designing VM’s media strategy, website, and e-communications
● Develop and maintain productive relationships with members of mainstream and
● Direct organization-wide communications to advance VM’s mission with different
● Manage the VM website to ensure that the content is consistent, coherent, and
navigable. Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent
information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
● Oversee the writing, project budgets, production, design, and distribution of a
wide variety of publications and collateral materials, including reports,
brochures, marketing materials, fact sheets, one-pagers, position papers, slide
decks, and other materials
● Develop, write, edit, and distribute electronic newsletters, press releases,
statements, and other e-communications
● Manage VM’s social media presence
● Develop and manage organization’s communications and event marketing
● Cultivate relationships with marketing and communications-related staff,
consultants, and vendors.
● Provide Leadership, Management, and Accountability for our Creative Specialist
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public affairs,
English, or related field preferred, with a graduate degree desirable
● Demonstrated ability to write clearly/succinctly for different purposes on
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (framing,
grammar/spelling, editing, proofreading) and eye for design.
● Experience with membership organization, non-profits, and/or government
agency experience strongly desired
● Experience in faith-based non profit communications preferred
● Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
● Effective team player with excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to
communicate diplomatically and professionally with a wide variety of
● Desire to be part of an evolving organization and contribute to its
● Strong ability to juggle competing, time-sensitive priorities
● Technical skills including Adobe Creative Suite
● Ability to initiate and complete tasks with limited administrative assistance
● Familiarity with email marketing systems, content management systems, and the
ability to learn new programs quickly
● Passion for VM’s mission and embodies the 5 core values of VM: Mission Driven,
Self-Starter, Deep Prayer Life, Selfless/Serving Heart, Builder of Community, Fun
● Expected to live out the rule of life for Vagabond Missions.
● Detailed enough to realize there are 6 core values not 5 and bothered that some
of these bullets end with periods while others don’t.
Vagabond Missions’ purpose is to provide effective, Catholic Youth Ministry to urban communities. We accomplish this goal as we mentor inner-city youth in a holistic model of relational ministry. As Vagabond Missions we strive to live radically the model of Christ’s incarnation: to be Christ “among” the people. “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” (John 1:14)
Please send all resumes and/or inquiries to HR Director, Brett R. McCaw – (BRETTM@VAGABONDMISSIONS.COM).