You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Naperville, IL
The Director of Children and Family Formation is a member of the pastoral staff who is responsible to the Pastor and collaborative with other staff members. They will oversee all formation for children from baptism through 8th grade including catechesis, sacramental preparation, and resourcing families. They will enliven a vision of ministry based on evangelizing the wider community and forming disciples of Jesus Christ.
• Coordinate faith formation activities for K-8th grade, including weekly catechesis classes and sacramental formation (ie: 1st Communion Retreat, Reconciliation Retreat) Children’s Masses, Liturgies for holy days of obligation, Christmas Eve Mass and other events.
• Recruit, interview, train, and evaluate all catechists and volunteers. Provide ongoing formation, resources, textbooks and supplemental materials. Find substitute catechists and volunteers as needed.
• Equip parents to be the primary catechists of their children and fulfill their baptismal promises. Organize parent and community meetings based on formation needs. Provide resources to families to enrich faith practice at home.
• Evaluate vision and strategies in conjunction with the Christian Education Commission. Work with parish leadership in discerning direction of parish ministry and calling.
• Oversee compliance with diocesan policies including Protecting God’s Children. Coordinate PGC workshops.
• Responsible for finances, budgeting, calendar preparation, registration and updating the policy handbook. Manage administrative staff.
• Communicate effectively with all relevant groups through print and social media
• Bachelor Degree in Theology, Religious Education, or related field (Masters Degree preferred). Degree in Child Development, Education or similar area would be considered.
• Practicing Catholic and at least 3 years of parish catechetical ministry experience
• Flexible schedule including nights and weekends
• Ability to use office software and technology resources like Microsoft Office, Parish Data Systems, and Constant Contact
• Creativity, flexibility, joy, and enthusiasm in evangelizing people at all stages of faith development
• Update baptismal preparation process including follow up with families
• Coordinate additional speakers, musicians, or ministers for special events as needed.
• Develop fundraising campaigns to support special projects or charitable giving
• Continue professional development including workshops, conferences, and research
• Attend staff and leadership meetings as well as deanery and diocesan events
As a worshipping Roman Catholic parish family we are guided by a collegial partnership of laity, pastor, and ministerial staff. Together we seek to foster spiritual growth through the active practice of Christianity. By the sharing of our God-given talents and resources with all God’s people we strive for peace and justice as the “Parish with Heart.”
Applicants meeting the necessary qualifications please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Very Reverend Paul Hottinger at: firstname.lastname@example.org