You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Durham, NC
The Office of Evangelization & Catechesis at Holy Infant plays a significant role in inviting parishioners to encounter Jesus Christ, lead parish efforts in disciple-making, and evangelization beyond the physical boundaries of the parish. While evangelization, discipleship and formation are all encompassing within the parish, this position’s primary target groups are adults and high school youth to fulfill the catechetical mission of the parish. This position works cooperatively with the Pastor and other parish staff in advocating a systematic faith formation process including catechetical sessions, multi-generational faith experiences, youth ministry, service to others, and prayer and worship opportunities.
· Establish a plan to form intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through an integrated program of evangelization, catechesis and parish programming (i.e. parish missions, Scripture studies, small faith-sharing groups during Liturgical seasons, Salesian studies, etc.)
· Support adults journeying towards full initiation in the Church. Organize, implement, support & evaluate the RCIA process including inquiry, catechetical sessions, etc. Coordinate with Pastor, Director of Music, RCIA Team, Deanery and Diocese, as appropriate.
· Collaborate with regional leaders in young adult ministry to provide opportunities to connect young adults ages 21-35 through pursuit of deeper faith, service, and community connection.
· Create and facilitate opportunities for spiritual growth and involvement in the parish community, as well as diocesan and national events for youth, young adults, and adults.
· Organize, plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive youth ministry program for high school youth (TYM). These programs are to include appropriate goals for ministry with adolescents including catechesis/formation, retreats, individual and family advocacy, community life, evangelization, justice and service aspects, leadership development, pastoral care, and prayer and worship opportunities.
· Foster Christian leadership qualities among youth through an active youth leadership board.
· Implement a Sacrament preparation process for Confirmation, as well as collaborate with the pastor, parish staff, deanery, and diocesan liaisons for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
· Collaborate with Director of Catechetical Leadership for families and children to implement an annual summer Vacation Bible Camp by fostering leadership amongst the youth including recruitment of crew leaders and participation in program.
· Recruit, train, supervise, collaborate with, motivate, and evaluate volunteers in respective ministries.
· Collaborate with the Peace, Justice, and Human Concerns Commission including parish participation in the annual Durham CROP Walk as a youth and young adult initiative, and local efforts for DeSales Service Works Youth Retreat.
· Maintain regular communications with constituents, employing all applicable communication platforms.
· Work in collaboration with other parish staff in scheduling, planning, and implementing activities, events and processes.
· Maintain a good working relationship with the Diocese, deanery, and wider community at large; assure integration and conformity with Diocesan programs and guidelines.
· Perform other tasks as deemed necessary or assigned by the Pastor
· Practicing Catholic in Full communion with the Church.
· Bachelor’s with 3+ years of prior experience in ministry with youth and/or adults
· Awareness of trends in youth and adult ministry, theology, and methodology of ministry or willingness to acquire and continue training.
· Vacation Time and Sick Leave
· Paid Holidays including the week after Christmas and the week after Easter
· Small, friendly office
· Easy access to I-40 near Southpoint Mall
The mission of the parish and people of Holy Infant Catholic Church is to: celebrate the presence of God in our midst and in our liturgy, spread the Good News of Jesus Christ, welcome all people and encourage their participation in parish life, build our community of faith through a strong spirituality and commitment to hospitality, faith formation, stewardship and long-range planning, and to minister to the needs of God’s people through inclusion and outreach.
We commit ourselves to do all things in the spirit of St. Francis de Sales with compassion, humility and gentleness.
By email to Kristi Beckert at firstname.lastname@example.org