You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Help us reach every teen, restore every parish, and reclaim the culture. Join us today!
Summit reflection video for The First Sunday in Advent with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS (Pittsburgh, PA – based)
The Director of Business Operations serves as a leading member of the Vagabond Missions executive team. Their primary responsibilities are to advance the mission of Vagabond Missions by ensuring a strong behind the scenes foundation with high levels of organizational effectiveness, operations, strategic planning, and financial management. Position will be based in Vagabond Mission’s Pittsburgh, PA office.
– Oversee and manage the office team at the direction of the President. Hold staff accountable for measurable criteria.
– Assist in helping to flesh out new ministry ideas
– Support day to day operations and deliver on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the strategic vision for the company.
– Establish an operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives.
– Find and pursue cost reduction opportunities.
– Help manage and improve internal processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND GROWTH:
– Help build the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions.
– Assist in the implementation of the organization’s growth plan.
– Assess and develop potential strategic partnerships with new mission sites.
NEW SITE DEVELOPMENT:
– Assist as needed in the new site development by helping create a roadmap for operations and startup of a new site.
– Partner with the development team, President, and staff on the ground in helping get new missions up and running.
– Plan and manage budget including annual, quarterly, and monthly expense tracking.
– With the assistance of the Operations Assistant ensures accountability and proper reporting to mission sites.
– Partner with Management team to manage, analyze and review organizational budgets, and reconcile and explain discrepancies.
– Manage the procurement process along with vendor and supplier relationships.
– Process payments to vendors.
– Position is based at Vagabond Mission’s Pittsburgh office and requires a 40 hour work week with a set but flexible schedule, ie. 8 am – 5 pm, 9 am – 6 pm, etc.
– All Vagabond Missions employees are responsible for raising the necessary funding to be able to accomplish the purpose of the position upon completion of their fundraising training.
– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
-15 days of vacation in year one along with 10 days off between Christmas and New Years.
– Monthly spiritual day.
– Expected to live out the rule of life for Vagabond Missions.
– Occasional traveling is needed as per job requirements.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF…
– You have 3+ years of experience in nonprofit operations. You dream of developing good organizations into great ones, and you know how to actualize your aspirations.
– You want more than a job. You are motivated by mission.
– You are an enthusiastic leader capable of managing diverse teams to reach a common goal. Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley.
– You know how to make timely, effective, and ethical decisions. You embody the entrepreneurial spirit.
– You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
The position will have some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; lifting light pieces of equipment and materials; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends).
Our Mission: Our mission is to provide effective, Catholic Youth Ministry to urban communities. We accomplish this goal as we mentor inner-city youth in a holistic model of relational ministry. As Vagabond Missions, we strive to live radically the model of Christ’s incarnation: to be Christ “among” the people. “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” (John 1:14)
Send applications or inquiries to Brett McCaw, Director of Human Resources of Vagabond Missions @: firstname.lastname@example.org