You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Bryan, TX
CURRENT POSITION INFORMATION
Job Title: Development Officer
Supervisor: Director of Development
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Bryan, TX
Ablaze Ministries is seeking a passionate and dynamic person to serve as a Development Officer to promote and extend our mission to others. The Development Officer is responsible to identify, qualify, cultivate, ask and steward a portfolio of current and future benefactors. The Development Officer works collaboratively with the various ministries of Ablaze along with parishioners, parents, volunteers, and other friends of Ablaze in order to provide opportunities to invest in ministry initiatives that align with their passions. To be successful in this role, a candidate must have a deep love for others, enjoy intimate conversations with new friends, and be an exceptional storyteller. Reports to the Director of Development
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor’s Degree Required.
– 1+ year(s) successful experience in fundraising, sales or equivalent
– Passionately Catholic with a deep desire to share the gospel with others and invite them into mission.
– Ability to communicate mission in an understandable and compelling manner both orally and in writing;
– The ability to respect confidences when dealing with sensitive issues;
– Valid driver’s license required
-The Development Officer will be responsible for building and advancing meaningful donor relationships across a dedicated donor portfolio. The DO will work with the Director of Development and the various ministries of Ablaze to craft fundraising strategies.
Fundraising and Donor Management
– Works closely with the Director of Development and various Ministry leaders to develop and drive fundraising strategies that address immediate and long-term fundraising needs.
– Collaborates with the Director of Development in the preparation of annual fundraising projections, including the creation of individual work plans/targets.
– Manages a portfolio of donors and actively solicits and closes gifts to advance the organization’s priorities. Works closely with the Development officer and other staff and volunteers to effectively cultivate, solicit, and steward donors toward increased level of giving.
– Develops and builds thoughtful donor stewardship and donor retention strategies for the overall portfolio.
– As needed, support in event planning and campaign implementation to ensure that there is seamless coordination across the development department.
– Coordinates with the Director of Development to support annual appeal/direct mail efforts.
– Collaborates missionaries and volunteers to develop, create, and edit materials for promoting the work of Ablaze Ministries and its ministries as needed.
Leadership and Coordination
– Communicates vision, strategy, and specific initiatives externally to donors. This may include representing Ablaze MInistries at key area events and with donors and influencers.
– Attends ministry wide events and periodic planning meetings as needed.
– Collaborates with development team members to develop thoughtful donor strategies, report out on success/learnings and document best practices within the department.
– Prepare annual fundraising projections, including the creation of work plans with targets, objectives and goals for the assigned ministries of existing and prospective donors.
– Prepares regular reports on impact of development efforts.
– Keeps track of crucial development issues and collaborates with department on long-term strategies and plans.
– Systematically and consistently utilizes donor software for capture of donor information (including meetings, asks and other correspondence).
The mission of Ablaze Ministries is to implement the US Bishops’ vision of comprehensive youth ministry, by engaging, nurturing, and empowering discipleship in young people, ministers and volunteers, and within families. Ablaze Ministries enables schools and parishes of all sizes to sustain professional, cost-effective, and enthusiastic ministry rooted in prayer, fellowship, and formation. Our ministry enables collaboration of community parishes, highlighting the true connectedness of the universal Church. Ablaze Ministries provides youth ministers with spiritual formation, professional training, and theological teaching. Our team of missionaries work together in community, sharing each other’s gifts and holding each other accountable to meet the needs and the call of the Catholic Church.
Shoot us a quick video and tell us:
– Why YOU are excited about this position.
– Why WE should be excited about you joining our team.
– Email videos to P.J. Lozano, Recruiter at PJ@ablaze.us