You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Richardson, TX
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church is looking for a dynamic person to work directly with the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis, Priests, and staff involved in the Ministry Office to carry out the evangelization vision for the youth of Saint Paul the Apostle. This person will play an instrumental part in the continued overhaul of our youth ministry programs. This person will oversee the direction and implementation our Middle School and Confirmation programs under the guidance of the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis. They will lead and train the core members who will be assisting them on a weekly basis. As well as assist the Director in the High School Youth Ministry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Middle School Ministry (EDGE)
• Coordinating our Middle School Youth Program. This would include leading the Core team in planning and implementing EDGE Nights. This includes coordinating and attending planning meetings, practices and set-up.
• Coordinate and implement the Confirmation Preparation for 6th-12th grade.
• Working with Coordinator of Children’s Ministry to prepare those in 6th-12th grade who need Baptism and First Communion.
• Implementing, coordinating and overseeing retreats for middle school youth.
• Engaging in Relational Ministry both inside and outside of our regularly schedule meetings. This could include visiting schools for lunches, going to sporting events, band concerts, recitals, etc.
• Advertise and promote coming Middle School nights, retreats, and events by every means available such as posters, flyers, web site, bulletin, social media, etc.
• Recruit, screen, lead, evaluate, and provide training for all Middle School Core Members.
• Effectively communicate with the parents of youth about information that they need to know regarding Sacraments and/or Middle School Ministry.
High School Ministry (Life Teen)
• Assist the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis running the High School Youth Group nights and leading Discipleship Groups.
• Assist the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis in training of High School Core team and youth leadership.
• This position includes but is not limited to assisting at XLT’s (Nights of Adoration and Worship), retreats, summer trips (Steubenville Lone Star, Mission Laredo, Six Flags, etc.), parent meetings, and parish wide events.
Campus Ministry (Parish School)
• Work with the school leadership to support the middle school youth in their faith journey.
• Spend time on campus to help build relationships with the youth.
• Plan, develop and execute a yearly retreat for the middle school youth.
• Attend school meetings as needed.
• Maintain budget for Middle School Youth Ministry.
• Plan and coordinate calendar year to include Middle School Retreats, parent meetings, youth activities etc.
• Implement all diocesan, parish administrative policies as directed or as written in policy handbooks.
• Collaborate with parish staff with registration, accounting, publications, records, curriculum and volunteer utilization.
• Work with the Youth Ministry and Office Administrators to make sure all required paperwork for those receiving the sacraments is collected in timely manner.
• Must be a fully initiated Catholic in good standing with the Church and living out one’s vocation to the best of their ability.
• A person that is passionate about evangelization and the mission of Saint Paul the Apostle. To lead the youth and young adults into a deep relationship with our Lord.
• A vibrant person who has the ability to articulate the Catholic Faith to youth that is easy for them to understand and that makes the faith come alive.
• An example for teens and families by attending Mass and participating in the Catholic Sacraments on a regular basis.
• A person who would be invested in the overall parish life of Saint Paul the Apostle.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Catechetics, Youth Ministry or related field and/or a minimum of 0-2 years of experience in ministry preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, competent in Microsoft Suite, a good understanding and ability to use social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• An understanding and ability to speak Spanish would be preferable but not required.
• Musical background that includes the ability to lead Worship preferable but not required.
• Flexible hours, some evenings and weekend work, occasional over-night stays.
• Maintain proper boundaries between work and personal time and between employer and employee.
• Frequent walking, standing, and sitting. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
St. Paul the Apostle is a diverse, growing, and thriving parish located in Richardson, TX, a suburb of Dallas, TX. Our Priest and Staff are committed to spreading the Gospel in our community and making life long disciples. The parish has over 2000 families registered with multiple ethnic backgrounds represented. There are about 250 youth involved in the parish youth ministry programs. The parish has a Pre-K-8th grade parochial school.
• Send Resumes and Cover Letter to Ryan Buchanan at email@example.com.
• Deadline May 3rd, 2019.