You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
FLSA: Exempt / Full Time
The Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministry is responsible for developing a parish based pastoral ministry with youth, which is inclusive of the goals, principles and components of youth ministry based on the 1997 USCCB document, “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.”
The Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministry administers, coordinates and develops programs for youth (mid-high and high school) and young adult (ages 18-29, single) ministry, as well as recommend and supervise budgets to support said programs.
In addition, the Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministry:
• Recruits, trains, and supervises adults of the parish to be involved in programs for youth, reaches out to and evangelize youth in the community, and provides for formal catechesis for adolescents in youth ministry programs following Archdiocese of Detroit policies and guidelines for catechesis.
• Develops youth leadership in parish ministries and outreach ministry in the community and works collaboratively with the Pastor or the Pastor’s delegate in faithfully fulfilling this area of ministry within the Church, following Parish and Archdiocesan guidelines.
• Fosters the involvement of young people in the life of the parish, including serving on various committees and being involved in parish activities.
• Attends and participates in appropriate parish and Vicariate meeting and functions to develop close communication with and support from families of youth.
• Collaborate with pastoral staff, St. Hugo School and Religious Education, and other community and parish youth organizations.
• Demonstrates a personal and spiritual maturity in ministering to the people of God. There should be a working knowledge of adolescent development, catechesis, catechetical methodology, and an understanding of the New Evangelization” (Archdiocese of Detroit Parrish Job Titles and Descriptions, p16).
• Support the New Evangelization efforts of the parish.
• Active member of the Roman Catholic Church, who is a person of faith, committed to gospel values, committed to help our parish fulfill the vision and Mission of the parish.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Youth Minister in a parish setting.
• Degree in Youth Ministry, Theology, Pastoral Studies or other relevant areas, or working toward Archdiocesan certification.
• Requires knowledge of liturgy and worship in post-Vatican II practice, and an understanding of liturgical ministry.
• Commitment to continuing profession education.
• Maintains a flexible work schedule averaging 40 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and special occasions.
• Understanding of technology (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) and social media.
• Strong relational and communication skills required.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 35 lb.
St. Hugo of the Hills is a healthy, vibrant and consistently growing parish. We strive to respond to everyone’s needs. Our Masses are spiritually uplifting, intended to meet the needs of our entire worshiping community, with a major emphasis on active conscious participation in word and song, and on homilies that break open Scripture and provide inspiration for unleashing the Gospel message.
St. Hugo is an extraordinary parish community with a highly dedicated, pastoral and professional staff, as well as active Councils (Finance and Parish), Commissions (Christian Service, Education, Stewardship and Worship) and Committees (Evangelization, etc.). The parish consists of over 3,200+ registered families and membership continues to grow. A parish religious education program of approximately 280 children and a parish school of 540 students.
Qualified candidates are to send a letter of interest, resume and references, via e-mail to St. Hugo of the Hills Search Committee care of email@example.com.