You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Help us reach every teen, restore every parish, and reclaim the culture. Join us today!
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Reno, Nevada
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Oversees all administrative and operational functions to build on and promote a successful youth and young adult ministry program in the parish.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitates the gifts of the parish in organizing and directing ministry with youth by encouraging and empowering the community to minister to and with young people.
• Interprets the needs of young people for the broader community and identifies strategies for making our parish “youth friendly”.
• Provides activities, resources, and support that help families to promote healthy growth and faith development through supportive programming.
• Partners with department directors, parish school, diocese, other churches & schools, and civic community to promote effective programs/services for youth and positive values in youth (i.e. social events, service ministry for junior high and high school teens).
• Develops, maintains, and evaluates the sacramental formation of Confirmation for teens.
• Maintains and initiates effective means of publicizing, promoting, and reporting programs for the youth of the parish to the pastor, pastoral staff, parish community, and young people.
• Provides opportunities for parish youth to utilize and/or develop their leadership skills within the parish community.
• Forms and supports a parish youth ministry core team consisting of youth and adults who are responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of youth ministry activities.
• Strong work ethic
• High energy individual committed to working with the theological perspective of Vatican II and supporting the Church of the 21st century
• Practicing faith-filled Catholic committed to the Church and its mission
• Bachelor’s degree or significant related experience in religious education and youth ministry
• Proficient in the use of a variety of computer and office equipment and other modern technology
• Minimum of two years experience working with youth
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Must be 25+ years of age
Our Lady of the Snows Parish in Reno Nevada lives and serves with the philosophy of “Belonging Leads to Believing.” Our mission remains to create a strong community for all persons. We desire that all come to be inspired to grow in their faith as disciples of Jesus Christ, and work to help transform our city and diocese into more of the Kingdom of God. The Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministry takes a very active role in building up the ministry teams and working with other ministerial staff to build up parish life through Youth and Young Adults. We have begun to create a safe place especially for our Youth to experience God and deepen that relationship with God, and our intent remains to build upon this. Our Lady of the Snows Parish has changed since its creation in 1939, growing from a neighborhood parish for the predominantly Italian families that lived here, to now an intentional parish that maintains its roots and welcomes families from all over the Reno-Spark metro area, both young and older, from differing backgrounds.
Visit the parish website at www.olsparish.com to download an application for employment. The deadline for completed applications is November 19, 2021.