You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Right now you have the opportunity to multiply that impact, every dollar will be MATCHED by a generous donor up to $20,000!
Right now you have the opportunity to multiply that impact, every dollar will be MATCHED by a generous donor up to $20,000! Donate Now
Summit reflection video for the Third Sunday Of Advent with Joel Stepanek
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Memphis, TN
Reporting to the Director of Evangelization and Discipleship, this full time position promotes the vision of youth ministry within the Diocese of Memphis on behalf of the Bishop and in accordance with the essential elements contained in the Pastoral Letters, Renewing the Vision, Empowered by the Spirit, and Sons and Daughters of Light.
The Diocesan Coordinator works to support parish efforts to serve youth by coordinating all youth activities and working with all youth personnel within the diocese whether they are paid by the diocese, paid by other institutions, or serve as volunteers. Work hours may include evenings and weekends; must have ability to travel to all parts of the Diocese for consultations and presentations.
Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
1. Implement departmental vision and goals in developing broad youth ministry programs.
2. Connect youth ministers to ongoing opportunities for formation, spiritual growth, Community-building and sharing best practices among colleagues through regular communication.
3. Representing the diocesan office of youth ministry at local, regional and national youth ministry gatherings within budgetary limitations and as time permits; attend diocesan sponsored events as deemed necessary.
4. Providing resources necessary to implement the vision of youth ministry within the diocese.
5. Responsible for preparing the annual budget for approval and tracking expenses against it throughout the year to ensure budget compliance.
6. Meeting with parish youth ministers on a regular basis to plan and evaluate parish and diocesan youth ministry.
7. Support parishes in initiating and developing youth ministries by offering trainings, consulting on recruitment and formation strategies.
8. Collaborating with the Office of Catechetical & Sacramental Formation Ministries to determine needs and to develop programs that bring DRE’s, catechists and youth ministers together to provide comprehensive youth ministry teams in parishes.
9. Collaborate with Youth Ministers and volunteers for special events and gatherings for youth.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Theology or Pastoral ministry or its accepted equivalent.
2. Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church and fully committed to Catholic moral teachings, traditions, and Catholic Social Teachings.
3. At least two years of experience in serving the needs of youth.
4. Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
The Diocese of Memphis covers western Tennessee from the Mississippi river to the Tennessee River, encompassing 21 counties, 48 parishes/missions, and 15 schools, and serves approximately 62,000 Catholics within four Deaneries.
Please submit a resume and letter of introduction to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line
OR apply by mail to:
Director of Human Resources
5825 Shelby Oaks Dr.
Memphis, TN 38134