You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
The Men’s Retreat sponsored by Life Teen is a weekend of brotherhood, restoration, and inspiration. You can expect to hear engaging talks, to enjoy some outdoor fun in the beauty of the north Georgia mountains, and most importantly, to encounter God through the sacraments and times of prayer. Adult men (18+) of all ages and walks of life are invited to attend this retreat.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Our 2022 Lent Companion features daily Gospel reflections written by youth ministers and Life Teen staff that will help your teenagers pray through the Lenten season. This impactful devotional is great for individuals, groups, or for families looking to grow together this Lent.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Madison, WI
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry works with the pastor and administrative staff to determine Youth Ministry program directions and goals. This includes the planning, implementation, administration, and evaluation of the Youth Ministry program for grades 9-12. The position also oversees the intentional preparation process for 8th and 9th grade students leading to the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Coordinator of Youth Ministry further works collaboratively with all program coordinators, as well as with the Principal and Grades 6 through 8 teachers of the parish school.
A full-time ministry position, the Coordinator of Youth Ministry is a member of the administrative staff cooperating with all staff members in fulfilling the goals and objectives of St. Maria Goretti Parish. The Coordinator of Youth Ministry is expected to participate in on-going professional development and to be a member of St. Maria Goretti Parish. A flexible schedule is the norm, including evening and weekend hours. The Pastor supervises this position.
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
A. Administration of Youth Ministry Programming
1. Develop programming and activities addressing the needs and interests of youth and using materials and resources appropriate for youth faith development, and implementing the seven key components described in pertinent church documents for youth ministry: catechesis, prayer and worship, community life, pastoral care, justice and service, leadership development, and advocacy.
2. Prepare and monitor the program-level budget, overseeing the ordering and purchasing of program materials and supplies and general record-keeping.
3. Oversee the registration process for Youth Ministry, including outreach to inactive youth.
4. Coordinate the Youth Ministry program schedule with local school, church and community calendars, cooperating with parish personnel and parishioner groups in the use of parish facilities.
5. Publicize program schedules, events, and fundraisers, keeping the pastor, staff, families and parish informed of activities and events.
6. Insure proper supervision of indoor and outdoor activities, as well as facility and equipment use during program times.
7. Evaluate program effectiveness to determine strengths, areas for improvement, and future needs.
B. Youth Ministry Program Planning and Implementation
1. St. Maria Goretti School, Grades 6-8
a) Provide active and visible presence, as appropriate and realistic, through classroom visits, classes, activities, office hours, and other means as determined in consultation with the Principal and classroom teachers. This is not to exceed five hours per week.
b) Invite and involve middle school students in parish and diocesan youth ministry events.
2. High School Youth Ministry, Grades 9-12
a) Plan and/or make available one overnight retreat per semester.
b) Plan and coordinate an event specifically focused on evangelization.
c) Plan at least two service events per semester.
d) Plan at least one major trip every other year.
e) Invite and involve high school students in parish and diocesan youth ministry events in accordance with program goals and objectives.
3. Overall Youth Ministry Program
a) Identify problems facing youth, and plan workshops, speakers, meetings, etc. to address these issues.
b) Spend time in direct contact with youth, in face-to-face interactions, during a significant portion of each week through informal gatherings, and as a presence at parish youth ministry programs, events, and activities.
c) Assist in the planning of parish liturgies involving youth in appropriate ministerial roles in conjunction with the Pastor, the Director of Liturgy and Worship, and the Director of Music.
4. Confirmation Preparation
a) Develop, implement, and oversee an intentional preparation process for 8th and 9th grade students leading to the Sacrament of Confirmation, that includes both parent and sponsor involvement, in addition to prayer, study, and service components.
b) Consult and collaborate with the Pastor, the Director of Liturgy and Worship, and the Director of Music to ensure the parish celebration of Confirmation is in accordance with diocesan guidelines.
C. Member of Administrative Staff
1. Participate in regular staff meetings and annual in-service and retreat days.
2. Participate in periodic program evaluations.
3. Share responsibility with the Pastor, Administrative Staff, and Parish Council to develop an appropriate vision and philosophy of education within the parish.
4. Support other staff members by becoming acquainted with their areas of responsibility and strength, and demonstrate an openness and receptivity to them.
D. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor
St. Maria Goretti Catholic Church & School is a dedicated and faithful parish community on the west side of Madison. Our parish was founded by the first bishop of the Diocese of Madison on June 12, 1959 serving approximately 200 families. Since then, our parish family has grown to 2,400 families and counting! We have an active and vibrant community through our school (serving almost 400 students), faith formation initiatives, outreach programs, and parish life ministries. At St. Maria Goretti, we encourage each other to grow in faith and love. We will accomplish this mission through worship and prayer, education, and evangelization in our community and world.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Fr. Scott Emerson at [email protected]. We hope to hear from you soon! Thank you.