You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
The Men’s Retreat sponsored by Life Teen is a weekend of brotherhood, restoration, and inspiration. You can expect to hear engaging talks, to enjoy some outdoor fun in the beauty of the north Georgia mountains, and most importantly, to encounter God through the sacraments and times of prayer. Adult men (18+) of all ages and walks of life are invited to attend this retreat.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Our 2022 Lent Companion features daily Gospel reflections written by youth ministers and Life Teen staff that will help your teenagers pray through the Lenten season. This impactful devotional is great for individuals, groups, or for families looking to grow together this Lent.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Richardson TX
Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Full Time Salaried Employee with Benefits
Saint Paul the Apostle Catholic Church in Richardson is looking for a dynamic person to help evangelize the youth in our parish. This person would play an instrumental part in the continued development of our youth program, overseeing the direction and implementation our Middle School and High School programs under the guidance of the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Working directly with the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis, Priests, and others involved in the Ministry Office to carry out the evangelization vision for the youth of Saint Paul the Apostle.
• Coordinating our Middle School Youth Program (EDGE) and High School Youth Program (Life Teen). This would include leading the Core team in planning and implementing EDGE and Life Nights as well as coordinating and attending planning meetings, practices and set-up.
• Coordinating the Sacraments preparation for 6th-12th grade.
• Implementing, coordinating and overseeing retreats for youth.
• Engaging in Relational Ministry both inside and outside of our regularly schedule meetings. This could include visiting schools for lunches, going to sporting events, band concerts, recitals, etc.
• Advertise and promote coming Middle School and High School Youth Group nights, retreats, and events by every means available such as posters, flyers, web site, bulletin, social media, etc.
• Recruit, screen, lead, evaluate, and provide training for all Middle School and High School Core Members.
• This position includes but is not limited to XLT’s (Nights of Adoration and Worship), retreats, summer trips (Steubenville Lone Star, Mission Laredo, Six Flags, etc.), parent meetings, and parish wide events.
St. Paul Classical Catholic School Campus Ministry
• Work with the school leadership to support the middle school youth in their faith journey.
• Plan, develop, and execute quarterly retreat for the middle school youth.
• Coordinate the reception of Sacraments for any middle school student in the school.
• Attend school meetings as needed.
• Spend time on campus to help build relationships with the youth.
• Maintain budget for Youth Ministry.
• Plan and coordinate calendar year to include Middle School Retreats and High School Retreats, parent meetings, youth activities etc.
• Periodic catechist and/or volunteer meetings, trainings, and appreciation dinners.
• Implement all diocesan and parish administrative policies as directed or as written in policy handbooks.
• Collaborate with parish staff with registration, accounting, publications, records, curriculum, and volunteer utilization.
• Work with the Youth Ministry and Office Administrators to make sure all required paperwork for those receiving the sacraments is collected in timely manner.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing with the Church and living out one’s vocation to the best of their ability.
• A vibrant person who has the ability to articulate the Catholic Faith to youth in a manner easy for them to understand and that makes the faith come alive.
• Remain an example for teens and families by attending Mass and participating in the Catholic Sacraments on a regular basis.
• Remain interested and invested in the overall parish life of Saint Paul the Apostle.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Catechetics, Youth Ministry or related field and/or a minimum of 0-2 years of experience in ministry preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, competent in Microsoft Suite, a good understanding and ability to use social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• An understanding and ability to speak Spanish would be strongly preferred, but not required.
• Musical background that includes the ability to lead Worship preferred, but not required.
• Continues personal professional development through appropriate classes and workshops.
• Continues personal spiritual development by going on a personal retreat, pilgrimage, or something similar.
• Able to sit and perform computer work for lengthy periods of time. Frequent use of computer keyboard that requires repetitive hand and wrist movements.
• Flexible hours, some evenings and weekend work, occasional over-night stays.
• This position entails frequent evening and weekend work.
• Maintain proper boundaries between work and personal time and between employer and employee.
• Frequent walking, standing, and sitting. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Saint Paul the Apostle is a diverse, growing, and thriving parish located in Richardson, TX. The parish has over 2000 registered families of numerous ethnicities. The parochial school, Saint Paul Catholic Classical School, serves children pre-K through 8th grade. The Saint Paul Youth program is a growing program, as it continues to develop through new leadership.
• Send Resumes and Cover Letter to Ryan Buchanan at rb[email protected].
• Deadline June 13th, 2021