You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord with Joel Stepanek
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Fredericksburg, TX
Job Title: Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Hours: 40 hours a week. Monday 8am-5pm, Tuesday 8am-8pm, Wednesday 8am-8pm, Thursday 8am-5pm, day off Friday and Saturday, Sunday 10am-12pm. Each work day includes a one hour lunch break.
Pay: Depending on experience and education, the starting pay will be within the range of $28-$35,000 a year.
Benefits: BlueCross Blue Shield Health and Dental Insurance, 401k retirement plan, 10 days paid vacation per year, and paid leave for Holy Days of Obligation which fall on weekdays.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Catechesis and Formation, Director of Religious Education, and Pastor.
Youth Ministry Mission Statement:
To help teens foster a deep and lasting relationship with Jesus Christ, a deeper love and understanding of their Catholic faith, and a strong devotion to the Eucharist.
1. To coordinate middle school and high school ministry programs which help the youth to know, love, and serve Our Lord.
2. To form personal relationships with the youth so as to bring them closer to Christ.
1. Communicate and meet with the Core Team on a regular basis to plan Edge and Life Teen Nights
a. Ensure everything is ready for Edge Nights on Tuesdays and Life Nights on Wednesdays.
b. Order/buy food
c. Work with Facilities Manager to ensure the room is set up properly
d. Ensure the Environment is set up as you see fit
2. Work collaboratively with Sara Boettcher to market Edge and Life Teen, including campus visits to St. Mary’s and Fredericksburg Middle School/FHS.
a. Update all marketing/outreach tools each week, including:
ii. TV Screen
iv. Mass Announcements
v. Social Media
3. Help with Youth Acts Retreat.
4. Implement other Social/service/small group events and programs, such as
a. Bible Studies
b. Nursing Home visits
c. Bowling/movies/other social events
5. Work actively to expand Edge and Life Teen programs.
6. Maintain proper budget for Youth Ministry so you know how much you can spend for each activity.
7. Invite the youth from St. Francis Xavier in Stonewall and Our Lady of Guadalupe to participate in Edge, Life Teen, and other youth activities.
8. Plan, recruit, and train youth for the 11:15am Youth Mass.
9. Help with Confirmation Class on Sundays.
10. Complete proper online certifications in Youth Ministry and Catechesis.
11. Plan, recruit, fundraise, and participate in youth summer camps, events, and/or mission trips.
12. Attend Youth Minister meetings and events in the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be a Catholic in good standing
2. Must work well with youth of all ages.
3. Translation and interpretation ability from English to Spanish a plus.
4. Experience in Youth Ministry and education in theology is preferred but not required.
5. Must be organized.
6. Must be able to plan events efficiently.
7. Must be able to work with technology efficiently.
For any comments or questions, please contact the Director of Religious Education, Ethan Weltens, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 830-997-9523.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church is located in the town of Fredericksburg, Texas. St. Mary’s has a family population of close to 1,800 or about 4,300 people and is part of the San Antonio Archdiocese. Many of our parishioners are descendants from original members. Our Youth programs consist of Edge, Life Teen, CCD on Sundays and a yearly Youth Acts Retreat.
To apply, please fill out the job application which can be found at this link: https://church.stmarysfbg.com/employment-opportunity
If you have any questions, please contact Ethan Weltens at email@example.com or 830-997-9523.