You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: De Pere, WI
The primary purpose of this position is the coordination of a comprehensive Youth Ministry program for the youth within the mission area of St. Mary and St. Francis Xavier parishes and Notre Dame School in De Pere, WI.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• A working knowledge of theology and education
• BS/BA in Religious Studies or Related Field, or EMMAUS Program completed/in process, or BS/BA in field other than Religious Studies plus Religious Education Advanced Certification
• An understanding of the physical, emotional, intellectual and faith characteristics of teenagers
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to connect personally with teens and to promote a visible partnership with their families and the community.
• Ability to recruit, work with and support volunteers.
• A strong understanding of the Catholic faith and can instill it in others.
• Must be an authentic and passionate witness to a Catholic life.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability
Duties and Responsibilities:
“Embrace the mission and vision of the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay and work in accordance with Catholic Social Teachings and the moral and ethical values of the Catholic Church.”
1. Provide, monitor, create and lead youth opportunities, annual youth retreats, youth leadership teams, mission opportunities, and youth service events.
2. Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers.
3. Work individually with student leaders.
4. Connect youth with larger church opportunities – ex. March for Life, Steubenville, Love Begins Here, CYE, etc.
5. Design faith nights for the youth of our community and parish.
6. Gather information from the community to understand what the needs are of the youth – both engaged youth and those who are not parishioners – within the community.
7. Coordinate and collaborate with parish staff, parish/school committees and other area Youth Ministers.
8. Support families as the primary evangelist of their teens.
9. Assist with the Confirmation Program
10. Visit youth in their settings
11. Responsible to support the parish vision and mission; expected to attend retreats, seminars, parish and staff meeting, and small group discussions where faith is discussed.
12. Required to participate in parish paid continuous education and spiritual development opportunities.
Nature of Supervision Received: Works under the direction of the parish Pastor. Works independently within authority limits and expertise. Requires individual initiative in program development and recognition of problems and solutions.
Judgment Exercised/Decisions Made: Must function independently and display personal integrity. Must exhibit a relatable, affective maturity level appropriate for working with teens while exercising appropriate judgment in boundaries, guidance etc.
Financial Responsibility: Controls individual and program expenses according to the parish pre-approved budget limits. Must be able to write a budget. Recommends purchase of major expense items.
Supervision Exercised/Number of Employees Supervised: Leads a team of adult volunteers but no direct employee supervision. Must be able to work and communicate efficiently and effectively within the parish Faith Formation team.
Physical/Visual/Mental Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as the ability to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
Typical Working Conditions: Some work in office setting during regular school/business hours, however, the majority of the work is done during times when teenagers are available – evenings and weekend. Some flexibility is required to accommodate longer workdays. This position requires travel to off-site meeting locations for community and parishioner youth events and some overnights for youth retreat events.
We are known as St. Mary Catholic Community of De Pere, Wisconsin. We are bound together by our faith in Jesus Christ. Through our dedication to the teachings of Jesus, we strive to provide the way for the Christian formation of all people. By our example we hope to bring alive the message of Christ, so that we may truly be the leaven in the world community. As our love and understanding of Jesus and his teaching deepen, we will pursue justice for all people within our community and the world beyond.
We, the people of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Parish in De Pere, Wisconsin, united with the Diocesan Church of Green Bay and the universal Roman Catholic Church are a Eucharistic Community committed to worship, to education, to social service and to sharing our time, talent and our treasure.
“The Notre Dame community successfully engages the whole child through experiential learning to make them stronger in mind, body and soul.”
Our mission and faith guide us through each day at Notre Dame and serve our students well for further education and life. We set high expectations and look for our students to exceed their goals. It truly is “an education you can have faith in.”
Please email a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com