You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Lauren McParlane.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Olathe, KS
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry will be responsible for the implementation of weekly youth programs including design of curriculum, Core Team training, and special events of the middle school and high school groups; with an emphasis on preparing the middle school youth to receive the sacrament of Confirmation. This ministry position designs and implements catechetical and relational programs for youth that meet the guidelines of the Archdiocese.
The position is a 40 hour per week, professional, and salaried position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (The essential functions/major responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
The primary areas of responsibility are:
1. Coordinating curriculum development and implementation to meet objectives set forth by the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas for Middle School and High School youth ministry
• Plan and implement weekly youth activities using the “Edge” curriculum for Middle School.
• Plan and implement weekly youth activities using the “Lifeteen” curriculum for High School.
• Prepare all lessons in advance for each semester and summer
• Weekly meetings will include: leader witness, CORE team witness, teen witness, small groups and attendance.
• Communicate with parents and teens the schedule for each semester. Publicize to the parish.
• Regular on-going communication with parents regarding curriculum.
• Plan and implement retreats, LTLC, Steubenville, Prayer and Action, etc.
2. Organizing and training a CORE team of volunteers
• Recruiting and training volunteers to be part of the CORE team with an emphasis on young adult leaders
• Train prior to beginning of semester
• On-going meetings with CORE team
• Weekly communication with CORE team
• Ensure that CORE team has been VIRTUS trained and that they participate in on-going formation
3. Administrative Tasks
• Maintain accurate records on participants (attendance, permission slips)
• Schedule all room needs
• Prepare yearly budget for all Youth related activities and follow set budget, following all Archdiocesan accounting procedures
• Participate in Archdiocesan youth ministry meetings and quarterly regional youth ministry meetings
• Participate in on-going faith formation and educational opportunities: conferences and school of
• Attend Christian Formation Staff meetings and monthly Parish Staff Meetings
• Coordinate all social media and publicity for above programs
• Report all necessary information to Virtus coordinator and civil authorities
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
• Thorough knowledge of the Catholic faith and the ability to successfully communicate it to others.
• Effective oral and written communication and composition skills.
• Effective use of communication tools relevant for youth ministry
• Ability to recruit and empower volunteers and collaborate well with them and others in carrying out the parish’s mission and the mission of youth ministry.
• An understanding of present-day approaches to youth ministry and the ability to research resources for youth ministry.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in theology, catechesis or similar academic discipline.
• Experience in working with teens, young adults and specific team building and training.
• Ability to effectively speak in public.
• Collaborative skills that serve to motivate volunteers.
• Knowledge of how to use technology and new media to communicate the Church’s message.
Work is performed mostly in a standard parish setting; in office, classroom and small group settings. Office is located in a two-story building with an elevator. This position requires employee to work hours that include evening and weekends.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of the physical capabilities that must be met by an employee and the working conditions that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FIDELITY TO CHURCH TEACHING:
Since this position is a visible representative of the Catholic Church, it is necessary that the incumbent be a practicing Catholic, registered in a Catholic parish or Catholic faith community, and embraces in word and in deed the Church’s teachings on faith and morals as articulated by the Church’s magisterium.
Prince of Peace is a vibrant Catholic Church in Olathe KS, a suburb of Kansas City, we have 2700 families.
Please email cover letter and resume to Fr. Jerry Volz at firstname.lastname@example.org.