You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 20th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Chika Anyanwu.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Lenoir City, TN
POSITION TITLE: COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
LOCATION: St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church
Lenoir City, TN 37772
REPORTS TO: Pastor
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
WEB URL: http://www.sthomaslc.com/
POSITION SUMMARY: The Coordinator of Youth Ministry will provide vision, coordination, and implementation of the parish’s efforts in ministry to our parish young people (6th through 12th grade) and their families. The successful candidate would be self-motivated while being team-oriented, comfortable with a flexible schedule, and show a clear love and enthusiasm for helping young people build up their Catholic faith and relationship with Jesus Christ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Plan, coordinate, and lead middle school youth ministry for grades 6-8, currently served through weekly sessions using the Edge program.
• Plan, coordinate, and lead high school youth ministry for grades 9-12, currently served through weekly sessions using the LifeTeen program.
• Recruit, prepare, and maintain a solid core team of adult volunteers.
• Organize and supervise camps, conferences, retreats, and conventions.
• Development & implementation of Confirmation preparation (grades 6-12).
• Provide service & community outreach opportunities for youth.
• Ability to work within a bi-lingual (English/Spanish) ministry environment.
• Provide Christ-centered leadership and direction that follows Catholic Church teaching and Diocese of Knoxville guidelines and best practices.
• Due to the nature of this ministry position, the candidate must be a practicing Catholic willing to teach and promote the full teachings of the Catholic Church in line with the Magisterium of the Church.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrated calling to work with young people and their families.
• Knowledge of Catholic teachings on and for youth ministry.
• Degree and/or training in youth ministry or related field preferred.
• While not required, the ideal candidate would be able to communicate with Spanish speaking parishioners.
• Proficient in the use of various forms of social media.
• Successful completion of Virtus training and background checks required.
To apply, please submit resume by July 1st to Phil Johnson, Office Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located 20 minutes south of Knoxville, St. Thomas services approximately 95 young people in our Life Teen and Edge programs. Nearly all the young people are from Latino families., which makes a working knowledge of Spanish a critical component in communicating with parents. We draw from four local high schools and several middle and elementary schools. Our teens have participated in NCYC, March For Life, Steubenville-ATL, Catholic Heart Workcamp, and Covecrest.