You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Roller Coasters. Funnel Cake. A sound caught somewhere between a laugh and a scream. Today, the Road to Emmaus might look a little different, but the purpose is still the same: walk with them.
We’ve crafted an entire weekend with the sole focus of helping you start solid youth ministry in your parish! We’ll be walking through the essential components for launching or revitalizing youth ministry. You can expect to receive a systematic, comprehensive introduction to quality youth ministry along with the practical steps to make it happen. And, because youth ministry flows to and from the sacraments, this training won't just be about the logistics of ministry, but will also provide you an opportunity to renew your own relationship with Christ.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Check out our featured products now!
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Grandville, Michigan
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Develops safe ministerial relationships with adolescents and their families by being visible and available in the community and parish.
2. Develops ministerial networks to support and mentor youth ministry team leaders, adults and youth.
3. Plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates activities and programs, including weekly gatherings of high school students, retreats for middle and high school youth, annual summer trip(s) and other events. Regularly evaluates the effectiveness of these gatherings and makes adaptations for improvement in conjunction with both the adult and teen leadership teams.
a. Plans, coordinates, and facilitates bi-annual high school retreats both “in-house” and off campus at local retreat facilities.
4. Mentors a group of teen leaders and works with them to plan and evaluate programming.
5. Supports Confirmation and other sacramental preparation (grade 8+) as directed by the Faith Formation Director; including one-on-one formation opportunities for teens who missed sacramental preparation timelines.
6. Models and gives witness to his/her personal faith.
7. Provides administration of youth ministry in terms of budgeting, communication, networking, record keeping and supervision.
8. Organizes and hosts all youth ministry fundraisers. Including but not limited to: setting fundraising goals, hosting pre-sales after Mass, counting monetary donations, and submitting fundraiser requests and summaries to the finance council.
9. Maintains and updates high school faith formation web pages on the St. Pius X website (www.spxcatholic.org).
1. Manifest a deep faith in Jesus Christ that is exemplified in the practice of the Roman Catholic faith, and moral character adhered to the values of the Gospel.
2. Experience in youth ministry under the model of “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry” by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
3. Understands the principles of psychology and sociology, most especially those pertaining to adolescence and family development
4. Appropriate certification and clear criminal background checks required.
5. Openness and availability to work evenings and weekends.
6. Bachelor’s Degree in theology or other related field.
7. Ongoing personal and professional development is required and is competency based.
Skills and Abilities
1. Intuitively incorporates sound Roman Catholic principles when teaching and interacting with parishioners. Familiar with the vision of the “new evangelization” articulated by Pope Francis and his successors.
2. Proven abilities in pastoral leadership, demonstrated through the ability to
b. call people to prayer
c. effectively lead meetings
d. establish and align goals, and engage others in the enactment of a vision
e. identify talents and delegate.
3. Strong organizational skills, especially event planning and time management.
4. Respects personal boundaries and maintains confidentiality.
5. Strong technology and social media management skills to be used in a ministerial capacity. Proficient in social media platforms, Microsoft Office Suites, and Google Suites:
c. Canva (or other graphic design software)
St. Pius X Parish is a welcoming Roman Catholic family of God empowered by the Holy Spirit to grow our relationship with Jesus Christ & with one another as we worship, pray, learn, & serve. St. Pius X Parish includes 900 households in the southwest suburbs of Grand Rapids
To apply, send the following documents in PDF format via email to email@example.com
1) cover letter; 2) resumé with salary history; 3) at least three references
Please include your last name and “Youth Ministry Coordinator” in the subject line.
Alternatively, you may send a hard copy of these documents to:
YM Search Committee
St. Pius X Parish
3937 Wilson Ave. SW
Grandville, MI 49418