You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Pensacola, FL
“Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
The mission of the Church, as given by Jesus in the Great Commission, is to make disciples. The role of the Youth & Family Ministry Coordinator, therefore, is to lead the parish’s efforts of disciple-making, specifically for the parish’s families and young people. The family is the building block of society and the Domestic Church. Any successful faith formation must take root both at home and in the parish. Therefore, we are seeking a mission-minded individual who will form Christ-centered relationships with teens, adolescents, and families in the context of parish life.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
● Foster Christ-centered relationships with high school aged youth in the parish and their parents
● At least 2 monthly youth group nights and/or faith sharing groups for High School and Middle School youth.
● Coordinate (and recruit) youth group volunteer adult leaders
● Coordinate the Confirmation program and retreats for high school youth.
● Lead youth on summer camp trips to Covecrest or other appropriate camp (yearly)
● Adhere to a budget and assist in the budget planning process.
● Work with teachers and administrators to schedule, plan, and implement retreats and extra-curricular faith formation for Sacred Heart Cathedral School students.
○ Plan and lead annual/quarterly student retreats.
○ Direct and plan weekly Bible Study/Faith Sharing groups for Middle School students.
● Coordinate service projects with the student council and other groups.
Family Faith Formation:
● Coordinate monthly Faith Night events, with a team of volunteers (Leadership Team initiative)
● Work with the whole leadership team to plan and implement whole-family faith formation initiatives (ex: Faith Night).
● Assist in the RCIA process, from “inquiry” through the catechumenate and full initiation. (Supervise a team of catechists), work with the Director of Liturgy and clergy/deacons to coordinate the various rites and procedures for the Sacraments of Initiation when necessary.
● Support catechists of the parish in nurturing relationships with families and teens in sacrament prep and other religious education settings.
● Foster parishioner engagement in the Sacramental life of the parish (Eucharist is source and summit).
○ Build and foster relationships with parishioners, school families, and volunteers.
○ Ensure new and current parishioners are engaged in networks of relationships in the parish through faith sharing and/or ministry groups.
● Engage and form parents as the primary educators of their children’s faith.
Applicants must be practicing Roman Catholics and able to articulate the Truth of the Gospel effectively.
Salaried, full time, FLSA-exempt ministry position. Pay scale commensurate with education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Must be able to relocate or commute easily to Pensacola, FL.
Nestled among the trees of Pensacola’s East Hill neighborhood, the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart is home to the local Catholic Christian community. With the distinction of being the mother church of the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee, the Cathedral is the home of the local bishop. With a thriving parochial Pre-K – 8th Grade Catholic school on campus, and a rich history dating back to 1905, our parish is a growing and exciting family of believers. We offer full benefits, PTO, a flexible work schedule, professional development opportunities, and a team approach to ministry through the Amazing Parish model. Pensacola is a small city in Northwest Florida offering many amenities and a vibrant “Gulf Coast” culture.
Apply to Dave Kimbell, Parish Manager: email@example.com or by calling 850-438-3131 ext. 116 to inquire.