You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Fairfield, CT
St. Pius X Catholic Church I 834 Brookside Drive I Fairfield, CT 06824 I www.st-pius.org
STATUS: Full-time, Coordinator of Student Ministries
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
PAY: $50,000 salary
BENEFITS: Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
START DATE: JULY 1ST, 2021 or after
Form young men and women to be passionate disciples of Jesus Christ. Coordinates all high school and middle school youth ministry activities for Fairfield Life Teen and Fairfield Edge, a collaborative youth ministry model between several Catholic parishes in Fairfield, CT. Meetings and activities are hosted on campus at Saint Pius X parish utilizing Life Teen and Edge programming. The youth minister organizes a CORE team of volunteers, meets regularly with youth group members (weekly), and plans and executes spiritual, social, and service oriented activities open to the young people of Fairfield and surrounding communities.
– Form young people to be disciples of Jesus Christ through prayer and discipleship.
– Create and form student leaders who seek to serve and grow the kingdom of God.
– Communicate enthusiasm and joy for the Catholic faith among students.
– Build a team of parish adults and mentors to serve as leaders and witnesses for young people.
– Create a sense of community and involvement for young people in the life St. Pius X parish and respective local parishes.
– Plan, organize, and supervise weekly high school and middle school meetings.
– Plan, implement, and evaluate Life Teen and Edge programs and resources.
– Coordinate the recruitment of a CORE adult leadership team to include training, support, and evaluation of volunteers.
– Plan to meet with CORE team one to two times a month to create and plan for Life nights, Edge nights, and retreats.
– Develop, maintain, and regularly update a youth activities calendar/website highlighting social, service, and spiritual opportunities of encounter. Visit www.fairfieldlt.com.
– Plan an annual or bi-annual retreat for Life Teen and Edge.
– Plan an annual mission trip with Catholic Heart Workcamp
– Plan additional summer trips and activities
– Foster involvement of youth in the life of parishes and local community, including liturgical ministries, elementary faith formation, and other parish activities.
– Fundraise $8k to $10k a year through diocesan grants, mission partners, events, or sales to help support youth ministry efforts and offset summer trip costs.
– Community Outreach: Work with neighboring parishes and their pastors in Fairfield to promote Fairfield LT and Edge.
– Quarterly updates about youth ministry through newsletter or email for parishes.
– Communicate regularly with the pastor and Director of Evangelization about youth ministry activities.
– The new youth minister will work closely with the Director of Evangelization in their first year as part of 6-to-9-month transition period.
– Interfaces with Diocesan Leadership Institute to meet resource needs and stay informed about Diocesan youth events and efforts.
– Maintain a database of Youth Ministry Participants and volunteers through “Planning Center Check-Ins” and “Flocknote.”
– Oversee all youth ministry communication with both parents and participants via email, social media (Instagram and Facebook @fairfieldLT), etc.
– Assist with long range planning, budgeting, and program assessment.
– Works with parish safe environments coordinator to ensure that all adults are in full compliance with diocesan safe environment policy.
– Operates within established budget; monitors and fully accounts for spending and receipts.
Qualifications and Aptitude
– A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing who understands and enthusiastically supports the mission and purpose of the church to save souls and make disciples.
– Education: Bachelor’s Degree
– 2-3 years of prior youth and/or young adult ministry experience, parish ministry, or related field of work.
– Willingness to stay in this position for at least 3-5 years.
– A self-motivated leader, capable of casting a vision for ministry and following through with execution of strategies and plans.
– Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, managerial skills, and proficiency with contemporary means of communication and technology.
– Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
– Compliance with diocesan policies and safe environment requirements.
– Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed or requested.
– Maintains confidentiality and is professional in personal matters.
– Exemplifies personal excellence, teamwork, joyful sacrifice, and is in good emotional health.
Please send cover letter and resume to Paola Peña at firstname.lastname@example.org
2000+ families registered. Suburban parish. 50-60 teens involved in student ministries (middle school – high school). Looking to grow our collaborative, town-wide youth ministry model with the other 6 Fairfield parishes.
Please send resume and cover letter to Paola Peña at email@example.com