You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 25th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Stephanie Espinoza.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Toledo, OH
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
A. LIFE TEEN (Grades 9 – 12)
• Develops goals, objectives and strategies for Life Teen high school faith formation.
• Creates the master schedule, plans bi-monthly Life Nights and organizes other events throughout the year designed to shape high school teens into joyful and committed disciples of Jesus Christ desiring to live in the heart of His Church (e.g. March for Life, Franciscan Youth Conferences, Camp Covecrest, retreats, corporal works of mercy, spiritual works of mercy, bible studies, etc…).
• Ensures that all high school faith formation aims to deepen the understanding and living of the Catholic Faith in ways that always are consistent with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and diocesan and parish norms.
• Recruits, trains, mentors and evaluates volunteers/catechists to serve on the Life Teen Core Team.
• Leads the bi-monthly Life Nights on the 1st and 3rd Sunday evenings immediately after 5:30 p.m. Mass.
B. PURPOSE (Grades 6 – 8)
• Develops goals, objectives and strategies for Purpose middle school faith formation that culminates in the reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation at the end of grade 8.
• Creates the master schedule that ensures catechetical and spiritual curriculum sequencing encompassing 3 years.
• Ensures that all middle school faith formation aims to deepen the understanding and living of the Catholic Faith in ways that always are consistent with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and diocesan and parish norms.
• Recruits, trains, mentors and evaluates volunteers/catechists to serve on the Purpose Core Team.
• Leads the monthly Purpose gathering on the 2nd Sunday evening immediately after 5:30 p.m. Mass.
• Leads the preparation for all 8th graders receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.
• Works interdependently and cooperatively with the Pastor and Director of Liturgy and Music to help facilitate an ongoing encounter with Christ Jesus the Lord at every 5:30 p.m. Sunday Mass.
• Works interdependently and cooperatively with the Director of Adult Faith Formation and Director of Mission integration, seeking to equip parents and Confirmation sponsors as first teachers of the faith.
• Works interdependently and cooperatively with Saint Benedict Catholic School middle school teachers and the principal (parish Catholic School).
• Coordinates baptism preparation of teenagers, working directly with parents and in partnership with the Director of Adult Faith Formation, Director of Mission Integration and Pastor.
• Commits to continuous faith formation and spiritual growth.
• Participates as a member of the Parish Leadership Core Team.
• Attends continuing education seminars, workshops, etc. as directed by the Pastor.
• Present weekly at Sunday 5:30 p.m. Mass; may be requested by Pastor on occasion to be present for other weekend Masses.
• Works cooperatively with the Parish Protecting Youth Compliance Officer to ensure required personnel and adult volunteers are in compliance with all diocesan regulations.
We are a growing and vibrant parish community whose mission is to Encounter the Risen Lord Jesus Christ, Living as His missionary disciples and Sharing His fullness of life in the spirit of St. Therese, the Little Flower of Jesus. Our core values personify who we are and who we are seeking to join our team: Simplicity, Relationality & Discipleship.
Here at Little Flower, we strive to become a community of Intentional Disciples where each member feels valued and welcomed.
Please send cover letter and resume to Fr. Dave Nuss at firstname.lastname@example.org