You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: North Syracuse, NY
The Coordinator of Communications is responsible for managing all communication & public relations efforts for St. Rose of Lima Church and School. The position requires an organized and creative self-starter with excellent communication & visual skills for print, video and electronic communications. This position may include evening hours, Sundays & some weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Works with the pastor and/or appointed persons to develop and implement communication strategies.
• Create weekly print (bulletin) and internet/social media communications and promotions.
• Monitor and respond to all social media and web inquires/interactions.
• Assess new standards, technologies and trends and formulate plans for future enhancements to parish media strategies.
• Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to video blogs, websites and social media.
• Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and feedback to appropriate areas.
• Help to organize Live Stream masses, podcasts and publication of recorded church and school events, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Reports directly to the pastor
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree or two or more years work experience with digital communications.
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic with knowledge of the faith.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Effective written, listening & oral communication skills.
• Ability to deliver material in timely manner.
• Excellent problem solving & analytical skills.
• Computer proficiency with software, Microsoft Office products and social media.
• Skills in photography, videography, and website management.
• Knowledge and experience with content Management Systems, Social Media Platforms, Photoshop, Word, Power Point, Excel.
• Knowledge of new media strategies and online communications.
• Working knowledge of and experience with online measurement platforms (Google Analytics, You Tube insights, Facebook Insights).
• Strong administrative, and interpersonal skills. Graphic design a plus.
St. Rose of Lima Church and School is a Roman Catholic Community informed and nourished by the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. We are devoted to consciously grow in love of Jesus Christ, His Church and our neighbors.
Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be submitted by September 4.