You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
ST. JAMES PARISH – ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL
COORDINATOR OF MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY
Position Type: Full-time; 40 hrs/week
Start date: July 1, 2019
The Coordinator of Middle School Ministry develops and implements a plan for evangelization and formation of 6th – 8th graders within the parish, including preparation for the sacrament of confirmation. This is a dynamic position that St. James believes will play a crucial role in helping our members to be disciples of Christ and make disciples of Christ.
• Direct EDGE Program for the 6th-8th grade including selection of materials, recruitment and training of group leaders.
• Coordinate curriculum calendar including social nights, retreat, mission trip, and confirmation rehearsal and Confirmation Mass.
• Direct Confirmation program according to Diocesan Guidelines and generally along the EDGE model.
• Work closely with the Evangelization and Formation Team to help facilitate an integrated, organized and comprehensive Faith Formation Programs.
• Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates volunteer Faith Formation personnel through recruitment of team catechists and volunteers, aiding in catechist goal-setting, and modeling best teaching practices.
• Within the guidelines set by Diocesan Office of Child and Youth Protection, develop appropriate relationships with students with the focus of leading them closer to Christ through the example of discipleship.
• Attend activities off church property such as sporting events, plays, musicals and award ceremonies.
• Working closely with the team’s administrative assistant, manages communication, including website, social and bulletin content.
• Manages annual budget for Middle School Ministry and confirmation.
• Attend Vicariate meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Education Required: BS or BA, with major in theology, education, pastoral studies, or relevant to position.
• Previous work in the field of education, administration, management, program/level coordinator, training of volunteer catechists, youth ministers and or other ministers.
• Exceptional communication skills written and orally.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment within a team.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, web content management, social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
• Practicing Catholic who fully adheres to and models the Church’s teachings in faith and morals (Cf., “Code of Ethics for Catechetical Leaders,” National Certification Standards for Lay Ecclesial Ministers. 2003. p. xxv.)
• Registered with the Protecting God’s Children/Virtus program.
• Must be available for evening/weekend work.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit resumes and letters of recommendations to:
Jonathan Blevins, Senior Director of Evangelization and Formation
Email Resume to Jonathan Blevins at JBlevins@saintjamesah.org