You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Empower Core Member Trainings are back! We want to equip youth ministers and core members with the tools and techniques that their ministry needs to not just survive, but to thrive. With a focus on team building along with practical training for the current youth ministry landscape, these trainings are designed to set you up for success.
We’ve crafted an entire weekend with the sole focus of helping you start solid youth ministry in your parish! We’ll be walking through the essential components for launching or revitalizing youth ministry. You can expect to receive a systematic, comprehensive introduction to quality youth ministry along with the practical steps to make it happen. And, because youth ministry flows to and from the sacraments, this training won't just be about the logistics of ministry, but will also provide you an opportunity to renew your own relationship with Christ.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Check out our featured products now!
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Amesbury, MA
Living Water Catholic located in Amesbury/Salisbury which includes two campuses of worship at Holy Family Parish and Star of the Sea Parish is currently looking for a full-time Coordinator of Faith Formation. This position is focused on providing opportunities for young people to grow in faith, especially through preparation for the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation. The right candidate for this position will work to provide both young people and adults opportunities to practice their faith and participate in the sacramental life in the church.
JOB PURPOSE: The Coordinator of Faith Formation promotes programs, events and activities that foster spiritual development and growth among individuals who do not know Christ or who have drifted away from the practice of the faith, and also in the wider-community and the culture. Specifically, the Coordinator works to advance:
• Personal conversion of individuals to Christ in a way that leads to spiritual renewal and greater participation in the life of the Church.
• Greater knowledge of Scripture and Scared Traditions.
• Social justice and evangelical outreach
• Daily prayer
• Lifelong learning of the truths of the Catholic faith
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and implement a comprehensive Faith Formation curriculum for Grade 1-10, including First Penance, First Communion and Confirmation Preparation.
• Meet regularly with Pastor and Pastoral Team to plan, evaluate, provide constructive feedback and set goals and expectations for Grade 1 -10.
• Initialize Faith Formation for Adults.
• Be present for all Faith Formation events and programs for Grades 1 – 10 including sessions on Saturday and Sundays.
• Plan and facilitate parent meetings and be available to parents to respond to concerns or issues in a time manner as required.
• Recruit, train and mentor Faith Formation volunteers.
• Assure the good standing of all active volunteer related to CORI, VIRTUS and Ministerial Code of Behavior standards.
• Create and maintain a calendar for regular Faith Formation programs, one-time events, service projects and other faith related activities for children and their families.
• Assume responsibility for Faith Formation registration and assure that sacramental, and database records are maintained in an organized and up to date status.
• Collaborate with volunteer parish leaders and encourage youth to participate in a range of parish activities.
• Maintain a liaison with the Archdiocesan Office of Lifelong Faith Formation and the Child Advocacy Office.
• Participate in local and regional Religious Education meetings and trainings at the Archdiocese Pastoral Center and other locations as required.
• Utilize the weekly bulletin, social media, email, and virtual meeting technologies to communicate with teachers, families, and students.
• Encourage frequent reception of the sacraments, prayer, and practice of charity.
• Foster knowledge of the person, message, and mission of Christ to believers and non-believers in a way that nourishes them at various stages of their spiritual journey.
• Practicing Catholic with fidelity to Church teaching in both word and witness.
• Some formal training in Theology, Religious Education or the equivalent.
• Demonstrated leadership in a parish or diocesan program of religious education, school, or other institution.
• Computer skills, including by not limited to word processing, internet, virtual meetings, social media, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability in oral and written communication.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to change easily.
• Experience in making presentations and public speaking.
• Capacity to be empathetic to the varying family situations of our parishioners and maintain confidentiality where appropriate.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
• Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Holy Family Parish (Amesbury) and Star of the Sea Parish (Salisbury) are a collaborative of Roman Catholic parishes in the northeast corner of the Archdiocese of Boston, Massachusetts. These communities in the Merrimack Region of the Archdiocese are tied together by the created gift of water (rivers, lakes and ocean) and united in faith through the waters of baptism.
We seek to make disciples of Jesus Christ through prayer and worship, lifelong learning, living generous lives of service, and sharing our faith with others. We strive to be warm, welcoming and caring parishes in which the gifts and talents of all, young and old, are recognized and graciously used to nourish others.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org