You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Charleston, SC
Coordinator of Elementary Youth Ministry Job Description
Position Title: Coordinator of Elementary Youth Ministry (Pre-K to 5th Grade)
Reports To: Director of Youth Ministry & Formation
Vision: We are looking for a youth minister to instill the tenants of the faith in the young church while building and maintaining relationships with students and their families so all are connected to Jesus Christ within the parish community.
Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church is changing the way we approach faith formation for all ages. Our goal is to create a ministry to engage all ages, and encourage and teach lifelong discipleship. We hope to establish a dynamic ministry which will inspire not only our youth, but entire families. Therefore, creating a faith community of missionary disciples who seek intentional opportunities to encounter Christ in our parish and in the community. We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, and passionate individual to serve with us on our team.
The Coordinator of Elementary Youth Ministry will be responsible for the catechesis and ministry to young people and their families from Pre-K through 5th grades, including sacramental preparation. This includes Pre-K and elementary school catechetical/ministerial sessions, preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion, monthly activities, and outreach to parents. The goal is to provide complete catechesis and comprehensive youth ministry. This new model of catechesis and ministry is a blend of a standard catechetical model following a curriculum and comprehensive youth ministry as outlined by the USCCB document, “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.” This position is the primary catechist and minister for young people and families through ongoing discipleship. We are looking to build relationships within our community, our parish, and ultimately directing these relationships (parents, students, families) to Jesus Christ. By using a relational model of ministry as a method of providing the curriculum topics as outlined by the Diocesan Catechetical Office we hope to evangelize, catechize, engage, and empower young people and families to live their faith as fully active members of the parish community.
• Collaborate with the Director of Youth Ministry and Faith Formation in all aspects of youth ministry and formation activities.
• Be a resource person to parish staff on issues related to youth and youth ministry within their scope.
• Recruit, train, empower, and facilitate a team of catechists and ministers who are responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating the ministry and formation of youth in grades Pre-K to 5th.
• Provide opportunities for spiritual growth and ongoing training for catechists.
• Develop a systematic and intentional plan for catechesis according to Diocesan curriculum guidelines for grade levels that utilizes a creative variety of formats, settings, and timeframes.
• Provide resources (print, video, diocesan events) for effective programming.
• Coordinate the First Reconciliation and First Communion programs including retreats.
• Foster and encourage the involvement of families in the life of the parish, including collaborating with Family Ministry and various parish committees and organizations.
• Coordinate the outreach to and evangelization of all young people in the parish – especially focused on youth and families in grades Pre-K to 5th.
• Coordinate Children’s Liturgy of the Word.
• Coordinate the planning and execution of Vacation Bible School.
• Prepare weekly communication materials/folders for the various groups ensuring those materials and requested items are available.
• Arrange for substitute catechists as necessary.
• Provide support and opportunities for relational ministry within the parish school.
• Advocate for a comprehensive vision of youth ministry, based on the 1997 USCCB document, Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
• Continue to seek training and education as both Youth Minster and Catechist.
• Maintain volunteer information with current personal information and Catechist certification information.
• Prepare/update/maintain accurate policy and procedure files for department.
• Review/manage/update web pages and communications with the Parish for Youth Ministry & Formation, Sacraments, and other family formation opportunities.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of departmental projects.
Experience: Minimum of 2-5 years comprehensive youth ministry experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Catechetics, Early Childhood Education or a related field.
• Heart for youth and ministry
• Microsoft Office Proficient
• Technology/social media proficient
• Ability to prioritize work and work under deadlines
• Effective, welcoming communication skills
• Bi-Lingual a plus
The Mission of Blessed Sacrament Church is to form and sustain a Catholic community in which are all welcomed and provided with the opportunities and means to know Christ better, to grow in faith and love, and to give witness jointly to the Kingdom of God by their lives.
One Family .. One Parish .. One Church
Interested candidates please email Chelsea Moore, Director of Youth Ministry and Formation at email@example.com. Please include the following.
• Cover Letter
• Resume of Experience and Education
• Three Professional References