You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
The Men’s Retreat sponsored by Life Teen is a weekend of brotherhood, restoration, and inspiration. You can expect to hear engaging talks, to enjoy some outdoor fun in the beauty of the north Georgia mountains, and most importantly, to encounter God through the sacraments and times of prayer. Adult men (18+) of all ages and walks of life are invited to attend this retreat.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Our 2022 Lent Companion features daily Gospel reflections written by youth ministers and Life Teen staff that will help your teenagers pray through the Lenten season. This impactful devotional is great for individuals, groups, or for families looking to grow together this Lent.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Fort Myers, FL
The Parish Youth Minister is the person responsible to plan, integrate and direct programming aimed at the Catholic Identity of youth from 6th through 12th grades. The Director will concentrate on the spiritual growth of the young people in the parish. Along with the proper catechesis, this position will focus on inspiring the young people of the parish to embrace a consistent prayer life, the frequent reception of the Sacraments and a fruitful relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Reports to the Director of Faith Formation (? OR PASTOR?) regarding vision, progress and planning of Youth Programs.
• Collaborates with the Diocesan Director of Youth and Young Adult Outreach regarding programming and the Diocesan vision for young people.
• Implements all Diocesan and parish policies and procedures regarding Safe Environment Policy and other polices specific to young people
• Oversees the planning and development of youth programs both short- and long-term that include the eight components of comprehensive youth ministry including, advocacy, catechesis, community life, outreach and compassion, justice and service, evangelization, leadership development and prayer and worship.
• Prepares and administers the operating budget along with coordinating fundraising for trips and events.
• Develops and leads programs for Confirmation preparation, RCIA for Children, and First Communion (for teens) according to the Sacramental Preparation Guidelines of the Diocese of Venice.
• Continue personal and professional growth in Theology and Youth Outreach Education.
• Promote and attend the Diocesan Youth Rally and World Youth Day.
• Develop a program for Young Adults and promote Theology on Tap.
• Organize parish Young Adult Activities, bible study, prayer groups, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
• BA or MA in Theology or pursuing a degree in Theology and/or related field.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Significant Leadership skills
• Outstanding communications skills both written and oral
• Understanding of current trends, social media and the manner in which young people communicate
• Must be a Catholic in good standing
• 3-5 years of successful experiences in Youth Programming, either through employment or voluntary work.
Our Lady of Light is seeking an enthusiastic, committed, and practicing Catholic who has a heart for the ministry of young people as a full time Youth Minister. This individual will facilitate middle and high school youth ministry programs and help coordinate young adult events. Successful candidates should be well versed in the teachings of the Catholic Church, and have ministry experience. Flexibility, organization and ability to minister to both families and teens is very important. Conversant in Spanish is a plus but not required.
Interested candidates should contact Hilary Whelan, Business Administrator via email only [email protected] No phone calls please.