You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Marion, IA
Title: Coordinator of Adolescent Faith Formation (CAFF)
Reports to: Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt
St. Joseph Office of Faith Formation
Comprehensive Adolescent Faith Formation
Be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing, actively participating in the worship life of the Parish
Be knowledgeable of and support official Church teachings
Be committed to on-going personal spiritual growth and formation
Recognize the CAFF position as one of ministry
Be capable of providing large and small group opportunities, which foster the spiritual growth of students, parents, staff, catechists, and other volunteers
Respect diversity of others within the parish
The Coordinator of Adolescent Faith Formation will provide leadership and accompaniment to our youth in grades 7-12 and support the ministry of our K-6 students and coordinator. Through opportunities based in relational ministry, the CAFF will provide a Confirmation preparation program as well as ongoing youth.
1. Work as a team member with priests, parish administrators, staff
2. Responsible for the implementation of Comprehensive Adolescent Faith Formation for teenagers in grades 7-12
3. Responsible for implementation of sacrament preparation programs for the Sacrament of Confirmation
4. Assist the Coordinator for Youth Faith Formation (CYFF) for K-6 with the implementation of ongoing faith formation for all Wednesday evenings
5. Organize and maintain designated parish offices and a Youth Room for teenagers
6. Implements the vision, guidelines and policies of the St. Joseph Pastoral Council, Archdiocesan Faith Formation Commission and Office of Youth Catechesis and Evangelization
7. The collection of information
a. Collects all sacramental records and other information necessary for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation and the Christian initiation of youth
b. Collects information necessary for enrollment, attendance, curriculum, goals and objectives and other confidential information as it applies to this ministry
c. Shares the information collected with appropriate staff and archdiocesan personnel
8. Completes and returns all archdiocesan reports and surveys
9. Works with parish staff in best utilization of parish resources and facilities which includes engaging in a budget planning process with the Business Manager
1. Shares with others a love for the Catholic faith
2. Recruits, supports, affirms and provides training for all catechists, small group leaders, adolescent leadership team members, chaperones and other volunteers
3. Be knowledgeable of Archdiocesan policy regarding Adolescent Faith Formation as well as current catechetical and faith formation trends
4. Involve parents in the faith development of their children through
participation in classes, sacramental preparation programs, liturgy, prayer services, social media and other events
5. Attends and actively participates in staff and CRAYM meetings and participates in Archdiocesan catechetical events and endeavors to network with peers in the ministry
1. Supervise catechists, small group leaders and various volunteers in the parish programs for adolescents
2. Provides for the recruitment, in-service, readiness and recognition of catechists, small group leaders, leadership teams, chaperones and other volunteers
3. Assists catechists, small group leaders, chaperones and leadership teams in carrying out assigned responsibilities
D. Program Planner
1. Implement an EDGE, Lifeteen and/or YDisciple Small Group Program for students in grades 7-12, currently held on Wednesday evenings
2. Assist the adolescent leadership team with the availability and acquisition of resources
3. Provide leadership training for high school juniors and seniors serving on the Youth leadership team
4. Provide opportunities for faith and community building experiences among catechists, volunteers and families in the program
5. Cooperates with priests, music director, appropriate staff and volunteers in planning liturgy and worship services connected with Adolescent Faith Formation and sacramental preparation
6. Leads family based sacramental preparation activities for Confirmation including:
A. Parent/ Teen reviews for Confirmation preparation
B. Confirmation Retreat
7. Leads the high school Youth Group
8. Leads a team of volunteers that designs, prepares and leads retreat opportunities high school age teens
9. Coordinates participation in Archdiocesan opportunities such as NCYC and Youth Rallies and service opportunities for high school and middle school students connecting their experience back to their everyday life as a Catholic
1. Exercise communication skills to maintain positive relationships with pastor, catechists, staff, parents and teenagers
2. Maintain appropriate social media connections with teenagers and their families
3. Provide parents with information regarding adolescent faith formation and the faith development of their children
4. Facilitate opportunities for teenagers to engage in the liturgical ministries of the parish
5. Facilitate opportunities for teenagers to engage in the active life of the parish
Welcome to St. Joseph, Marion, Iowa. We are a Catholic parish of the Archdiocese of Dubuque with two thousand families. With the Eucharist as the source and font of our Catholic and parish life, our mission is to be disciples of Jesus who are fed by word and sacrament to love and to serve.
Formation in the Catholic faith is essential to our parish life. We follow the strong educational tradition of the Archdiocese of Dubuque with a vibrant Catholic school and youth faith formation (religious education) program and are part of the metro Catholic high school. We embrace an educational philosophy from womb to tomb, which includes an active adult education program.
I hope you find this website helpful to you whether you are a parishioner or an inquirer. It contains useful information that we hope will lead you to Christ, the Mass, and sacraments, and a desire to love and serve him. Additionally, it will offer you an idea of who we are and what we desire to be by the grace of God.
Fr. David O’Connor
St. Joseph Catholic Church and School, Marion, IA, a two thousand family parish, is seeking a Coordinator of Adolescent Faith Formation to join our parish staff.
The ideal candidate is a practicing Catholic with a Bachelor’s degree in theology, religious studies, youth ministry or pastoral studies or its equivalent from an approved program.
The Coordinator provides leadership and accompaniment to our young church in grades 7-12 by maintaining a comprehensive adolescent faith formation program, a Confirmation Prep program and an active high school youth group based in relational ministry.
Proficiency and experience with small group ministry, teaching, social media and mass communication is helpful. Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Search Committee, St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1790 14th Street, Marion, IA 52302 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.