You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for Palm Sunday with Joel Stepanek
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Frisco, TX
St. Francis of Assisi Parish is looking for a creative, and passionate individual for an assistant level position who will support the Communications Director in their mission to deliver superior parish-wide communications. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, innovative, and able to perform key tasks independently in a timely manner. This person should be a self-starter that enjoys working in a team environment and is excited to join a growing Catholic community with a vibrant culture and innovative community. This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Manage the content creation in both English and Spanish for parish-wide publications including the Bulletin, Social Media, Website, Newsletter and Digital Displays.
• Responsible for editing and drafting weekly Bulletin, Social Media, and Newsletter.
• Responsible for ministry requests that pertain to communications and promotions of a ministry event including announcement submission, Newsletter, Social Media and Parish Newsletter
• Collaborate with Parish Clergy, Staff, and Ministry Leaders to create compelling content and effective marketing plans.
• Assists in managing official social media accounts.
• Manage the overall structure and content of the website while keeping up with current website best practice trends.
• Act as brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the St. Francis of Assisi brand is portrayed in all communication including (but not limited to) print, email, social media, web, etc.,
• In collaboration with the Director of Communications, cultivate a consistent tone and style of communication across all media and ensuring all content is technically effective, grammatically correct, doctrinally accurate, and within the church’s vision and brand guidelines
• Assist in video projects, including script writing, and pre-production planning
• Design promotional materials for parish – wide publications
• Communicate with ministries to ensure all content is being communicated accurately and effectively
• Manage and organize all digital assets within the database
• Coach staff and ministry leaders in effective Parish communications
• Assist in communication efforts for the annual Fall Festival
• In collaboration with Communications Director, support the executive of the annual marketing communications plan and monthly messaging calendar
• Oversee and maintain photography and videography volunteers to ensure sufficient quality photo/video at all key parish events (e.g. Fall Festival, Easter Vigil etc.)
• In collaboration with Pastor, Senior Director of Operations and Communications Director support and execute communication activities around annual fundraising/stewardship and any future capital campaigns
• Must be able to track expenses and budgets as well as manage all vendor contracts and ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven proficiency in copywriting.
• Working experience with Photography and Videography.
• Experience in print production.
• Experience maintaining brand guidelines and standards.
• Must possess attention to detail and design, proven through portfolio work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Experience in managing teams or freelancers is a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors in Marketing, Communication, Graphic Design, or related field, or comparable experience.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
• Frequent evenings and weekends.
The vibrant community of St. Francis of Assisi has grown from a humble group of 30 Spanish speaking Catholics to a magnificent community of 35,000 parishioners. Now with over 160,000 residents, the city of Frisco has experienced a boom in population and as the only Catholic Church, St. Francis of Assisi has become an integral part of the Frisco community.
More than 90 ministries meet at our St. Francis campus annually. The overwhelming involvement is evidence the Holy Spirit is truly present within our faith community. St. Francis offers unique spiritual experiences for our parishioners in all ministries. Parishioners are provided with an abundance of catechetical experiences to continue their faith journey and live closer to Christ.
If you are a servant leader and would like to apply please send your resume to email@example.com.