You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: 19795 Holyoke Ave, Lakeville, MN 55044
The Director of Youth Formation and Ministry supports the mission of parish and the vision of the pastor and parish leadership to meet the spiritual and formational needs of youth in grades 6-12 and their families. This position is highly collaborative with the other Co-Director of Youth Formation and Youth Ministry as well as the other faith formation staff. The team will create and implement evangelization and catechetical programming for grades 6-10, along with ministry programs for grades 6-12. The person in this position welcomes working in an innovative environment with pastor, staff, mission partners, and families to meet the spiritual needs of all who desire to know Jesus Christ. He/she looks forward to creatively approaching the development of ministries reflective of best practices.
1. Catechetical Responsibilities
a) As part of the faith formation team, design and implement faith formation programs for grades 6-10
• Develop a scope/sequence for Grades 6-10, as well as design and implement lessons to align with parish core principles and national catechetical standards
• Provide supervision, formation, guidance, and affirmation of Mission Partner discipleship leaders (catechists) for grades 6-10 program with other ministry staff
b) Plan and implement sacramental preparation for Confirmation, including Baptismal preparation for children ages 10-17 years old in tandem with other sacramental preparation ministry staff
c) Work with mission partners and parents in supporting student expectations
d) Collaborate with formation staff to design and direct retreat, service, and/or intergenerational experiences as appropriate for families and students engaged in parish faith formation
e) Collaborate with the formation team to provide summer opportunities that will foster community and faith growth
f) Collaborate with other program directors to provide support and formation to parishioners serving in other parish programs (i.e., Preschool thru 5th grade faith formation, adult formation, liturgy, parish life)
2. Youth Ministry Responsibilities
In collaboration with the other Co-Director of Youth Formation and Youth Ministry, provide faith enhancing opportunities for adolescents and their families reflective of the principles outlined by the parish and informed by best practice. This includes but is not limited to:
a) Faith and community development experiences (e.g., discipleship training groups, retreats)
b) Overnight pilgrimage experiences (e.g., Steubenville, youth camps)
c) Faith encounter events (school year and summer programming)
d) Middle School campus ministry for All Saints Catholic School
e) Pastoral care of teens and families, working with the parish Pastoral Care team as needed
f) Peer Ministry
3. Parish and Community Responsibilities
a) Serve an example of Catholic faith to parents, youth, and mission partners through active practice
b) Emphasize the parish’s vision through programs and events recognizing the ongoing need to foster evangelization, prayer and sacraments, catechesis, and discipleship
c) Communicate with both leaders and participants on a regular basis through a variety of communication mediums
d) Collaborate with parish ministry directors about curriculum, resources, and events
e) Attend commission and other committee meetings as needed or requested by supervisor or pastor
f) Actively participate in parish and staff activities as appropriate
g) Maintain and develop theological competence in keeping with Catholic teachings and ministerial practice regarding adolescents
• Attend workshops, classes, and seminars applicable to the ministry
• Maintain membership in professional organizations appropriate to the position
h) Respond pastorally and communicate pastoral issues to appropriate staff
4. Management Responsibilities
a) Serve as a responsible member of the ministry staff, managing parish resources and budget, as well as requirements associated with youth protection protocols
b) Coordinate with the Formation Ministry Assistant and the Director of Mission to ensure mission partners in formation meet Enhanced Essential Three protocols
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not inclusive.
Qualifications and Demands
Education and Experience Requirements
• BA in Theology, Catholic Studies, Youth Ministry, or related field. Masters Degree preferred
• Experience with relational youth ministry models and catechetical formation of teens
• Practicing Catholic with a strong knowledge and appreciation of the Catholic faith and traditions and be a witness of this to the community
• Proficiency in computer technology and ability to learn and adopt to new computer systems and programs
• Possess a broad knowledge of social media with strong skills in technology
• Able to pass required background check and complete required initial training
Be able to demonstrate:
• Ability to work effectively and collegially with others, both with and without supervision
• Ability to make decisions for immediate needs and longer term planning
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills
Mental, Intellectual and Emotional Demands:
This position requires someone to facilitate multiple requests and tasks in an organized and detailed manner, often needing to meet multiple concurrent deadlines. This is a relational ministry requiring a positive attitude and the ability to create and maintain effective partnerships with many different groups and personalities. Communication is vitally important and should be as proactive as possible.
The employee must:
• Be able to tactfully and maturely respond to situations involving teens, parents, and volunteers, especially where authority may be challenged, or the discussions are politically charged
• Be able to supervise youth in diverse physical environments while being aware of what the youth are doing, at all times
• Be able to handle sensitive issues while respecting the confidentiality of the students, parishioners, staff, families, and co-workers
• Maintain knowledge and support of school and parish mission and philosophy
• Be able to develop and maintain a productive working relationship with pastor and coworkers maintaining a positive and helpful attitude even during difficult times
• Be able to follow all guidelines of the All Saints Employee Handbook
• Work required hours per week including some evenings and weekend hours
• Walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to climb stairs
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs. (books, educational materials, etc.) using proper techniques
• Ability to lift, push, pull or carry equipment from time to time in this position, typically under 50 lbs
• Able to work long hours when the position demands
Mission: Leading people to Christ through Liturgy, Learning, Sacraments and Service.
All Saints is a large suburban parish with a Pre-K through 8th Grade school.
Pre K through 12th Grade Formation and Youth Ministry ministry averages more than 400 youth participants. This ministry is collaborative with other Directors of Formation.
Email resume and cover letter to Loma Ince at firstname.lastname@example.org