You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Rockford, IL
Boylan Catholic High School in Rockford, IL has an opening for the following position beginning July 1, 2019. Please apply at www.Boylan.org.
Job Title: Campus Minister
Reports to: Principal
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Principal and in coordination with the Spiritual Director the Campus Minister helps create an environment which encourages and guides all members to contribute to the Catholic identity of the school and the formation of a faith community which responds to the diverse spiritual needs of the students, teachers, staff and parents. In collaboration with the administration, faculty, staff, parents, and students, the Campus Minister provides leadership in the ministerial, liturgical, pastoral and spiritual life of Boylan Catholic High School.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops and implements spiritual programs and religious/service activities which enhance the Catholic Identity of Boylan Catholic.
· Works in cooperation and collaboration with the Spiritual Director, Theology department, students, and staff to enhance the spiritual and prayer life of the school.
· Oversees masses, daily prayer, retreats, service, pastoral counseling, and activities that empower teens as believers and leaders.
· Leads Christian Service program for students.
o Communicate requirements to students, parents, teachers, counselors.
o Liaison to outside service organizations.
o Update daily announcements with service opportunities.
o Implement digital online service program (2nd year).
o Follow up with students who do not meet requirement.
· Assists Spiritual Director in all liturgical experiences.
· Contributes in organizing class and school-wide masses.
· Plans and executes retreat program for all levels, including Kairos, in conjunction with Spiritual Director.
o Establishes retreat dates and locations.
o A liaison between the school and retreat center hosts.
o Communicates with faculty and student body about retreat events and details.
o Encourages and mentors student leadership on retreats.
· Works with Spiritual Director in development of faculty/staff retreats.
· Fosters diversity in ministry leadership and social justice projects.
· Enhances the relationships and collaboration with local parishes and their youth ministry programs.
· Coordinates and leads annual March for Life student pilgrimage to Washington DC.
· Supports and assists with SportsLeader Program.
· Identifies, plans and coordinates service mission trips annually.
· Provides mentoring for students to serve in leadership roles in ministry to the community and on-going student leadership and formation of small groups.
· Assists in preparation of budget for ministry and retreat activities.
· Organizes campus ministry meeting space for students.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Belief and deep understanding of and respect for the Catholic faith tradition.
· Manage and empower peer ministers, colleagues, and volunteers.
· Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Possess professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Program development experiences that grow our faith community.
· Take initiative in problem solving independently and as a member of a team.
· Understand and make use of school technology to enhance prayer and classroom experiences.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Possess strong interpersonal skill, common sense, and a warm and outgoing personality.
· Must be able to take initiative and build and maintain a strong rapport and positive relationships with students, faculty, and parents.
· Possess outstanding communication skills, including listening skills.
· Have the ability to make presentations both verbal and written with confidence.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Energetic team player who works well in collaborative situations.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours (nights and weekends; The Kairos retreat program will require you to be away from home for several days, several times per year).
Minimum of a B.A. in Theology or Religious studies. Previous experience in youth ministry or working with youth in a high school, college, or parish setting. Must be an active, practicing Catholic. Understand, embrace, and be able to articulate the mission and vision of Boylan Catholic High School.
Boylan Catholic High School servce 9-12 grade students and is located in Rockford, IL.
Apply at Boylan Catholic High School’s website: www.boylan.org