You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 20th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Chika Anyanwu.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Mt. St. Francis, IN
The Coordinator of Youth Evangelization is responsible for facilitating deanery-based ministry and programming for the parish high school and middle school youth, utilizing an evangelistic and mission- oriented approach with sound vision, strategy, and execution aimed at forming missionary disciples. This mission is achieved through a clear understanding of the Church’s evangelistic mission and promoting it in the interactions with and development of the parish youth ministries. This position seeks to build up the young church at each deanery parish through collaboration and support with zeal and vision.
The Coordinator of Youth Evangelization is responsible for aiding the parishes in achieving the following goals:
• Empowering young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
• To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the
Catholic faith community.
• To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
The Coordinator of Youth Evangelization is primarily responsible for all areas of deanery high school and middle school youth ministry.
III. Position Content
1. Articulates a dynamic vision of youth ministry envisioned in contemporary documents and books on youth ministry:
Purpose Driven Youth Ministry, Discipleship Focused Youth Ministry, Rebuilding Youth Ministry, Forming Intentional Disciples, The Art of forming young disciples, Discipleship Focused Youth Ministry
2. Develops, maintains, and evaluates programs, events, and ministries that work to
fuel dynamic youth ministry that live and breathe discipleship formed at the
3. Possesses an ongoing awareness of Archdiocesan recommended policies,
guidelines and guiding documents in areas of catechesis, evangelization,
worship, and sacramental preparation.
4. Sets goals and objectives for deanery youth ministry programs and experiences.
5. Maintains and initiates effective means of publicizing, promoting, and reporting
Programs for high school and middle school youth ministry in collaboration with
the Design and Communications Consultant.
Relational Ministry Responsibilities
1. Fosters a relationship of support a collaboration with deanery youth ministers in efforts to serve:
• Providing programming that aids in the development and dynamics of the
• Collaborating with team in networking meetings which aid in the overall
implementation of youth ministry in the deanery from programming to training and pastoral care to resource.
• Willing to aid and consult in the parish youth ministry program development as desired by the pastor and youth ministry and as appropriate for workflow.
2. Empowers adults in the deanery to reach out and form relationships with young
people in intentional ways through involvement in deanery programming.
Leadership Development Responsibilities
1. Management & Leadership of SALT: Student Ambassador Leadership Team
a. The Coordinator of Youth Evangelization is responsible for the development, administration, and growth of the high school leadership program and is responsible for communication to parents, priests, and parish staff.
2. Forms and supports a team of retreat directors (hosts) to implement deanery
retreat ministry, assisting with team recruitment, training and critique of talks
and implementation of various retreats.
3. Identifies volunteer roles for high school and middle school ministry and works
to develop job descriptions to assist in the recruitment of volunteers.
4. Develops volunteer program leaders who coordinate specific ministry programs or experiences for high school and middle school ministries
Spiritual and Professional Development
1. Has a prayer life fueled by a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Participates in an annual team retreat.
3. Participates in professional enrichment or educational opportunities.
4. Attend the biennial National Conference Catholic Youth Ministry and/or other
conferences deemed professionally beneficial by the Director.
5. Participate in youth ministry workshops, gatherings, and in-service opportunities
as directed by the Catholic Youth Ministries.
6. Networks with deanery youth ministers, high school campus ministers, and
Other youth serving agencies and/or professionals.
1. Participates and works collaboratively as a member of the deanery staff/team.
2. Provides leadership and support in the administration of the deanery programs and vision and implementation of strategic plan.
3. Participates in annual goals process and review.
4. Prepares and submits annual budget for high school and middle school ministry programs.
5. Develops, coordinates and publicizes the high school and middle school ministry calendar of events, programs, and services.
6. Attends deanery staff meetings.
7. Assists with additional tasks as needed.
IV. Position Specifications / Requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Is a professed and practicing Catholic, a true missionary disciple.
2. Is able to clearly articulate God’s presence in one’s life – sharing the news of
salvation in Jesus Christ and the need/desire for a relationship with him and
3. Possesses the personality and character to form relationships and foster
4. Is compelled by the love of Christ to evangelize and further his kingdom, on
earth as it is in heaven.
Education, Training and Experience
1. Bachelors Degree in Catechetics, Theology, Evangelization or a related field
2. 3+ years of ministry experience, preferably at the parish level or other Church
3. Experience in ministerial visioning and planning; familiarity with Church
4. Fluency in English; Spanish and intercultural competencies are pluses
5. Must be an Missionary Disciple who embraces Catholic Church teaching and
promotes its dynamic orthodoxy.
6. Proficiency in Forming Intentional Disciples
5. Theological and ministerial perspective consistent with Church teaching.
1. Usual work hours include M-Thurs 8-4:30pm, Fri 8-11:30, occasional evenings and
2. Provides own transportation and is reimbursed for travel according to archdiocesan norms
3. Private office available, share large meeting room and small meeting room for on campus programs.
4. Administration / secretarial assistance is available and determined by director.
5. This position requires the safeguarding of sensitive information
6. Salaries and benefits are arranged according to archdiocesan guidelines
7. The employee is expected to attend evening and weekend events, as necessary. Travel may be required, as specified by the supervisor. Regular travel throughout the archdiocese is required. In some cases, the needs of the position may require extra hours beyond the normal schedule. Some physical work may be required—packing, setting up, etc.
8. Lay ministers are vital ministers sharing the mission of the Church. They are expected to be role models and are expressly charged with leading parishioners toward Christian maturity and with teaching the Word of God. As role models, the personal conduct of every lay minister, both at Church and away from Church, must convey and be supportive of the teachings of the Catholic Church. These teachings include, but are not limited to: honoring the dignity of each human life from conception to natural death, care for God’s creation, and the belief that all persons are called to respect human sexuality and its expression in the Sacrament of Marriage as a sign of God’s love and fidelity to His Church. The SevenThemes of Catholic Social Teaching can be found at http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and- teachings/what-we-believe/catholic-social-teaching/seven-themes-of-catholic-social-teaching.cfm. A thorough description of Catholic Church teaching can be found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Determining whether a lay minister is conducting him/herself in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church is an internal Church matter and is at the sole discretion of the pastor, administrator, and/or Archbishop.
The Archdiocese recognizes that some lay ministers who contribute positively to the mission of the Church are not practicing Catholics. For lay ministers of other faith traditions, there remains an expectation that, regardless of their personal religious affiliations and beliefs, they will become knowledgeable of Catholic Church teachings, will be credible witnesses of the Catholic faith, and will be models of Christian values.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of the physical capabilities and the working conditions involved in performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made if needed to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
VI. Program Implementation
To be further developed and expanded:
High School Ministry
• Retreat Programming (5 retreats)
• Mission /Service Experiences – Campton, KY Mission
• March for Life Pilgrimage
• High School Youth Masses
• ICYC and NCYC
• Youth Ministries Action Team – formation and direction
• Discipleship Groups
Middle School Ministry
• Plan and Implement various middle school events that aim to bring students together for both community and spiritual formation.
• The Jam – deanery wide middle school overnight lockin retreat
• Faith in Action Summer Mission
• SummerDaze Service and Socials
Catalyst Catholic is unwavering in its commitment to the evangelization of the young Church. We exist to unite, empower, and support pastors, parish leaders, and coaches as they form bold disciples of Jesus Christ within the New Albany Deanery.
Email a cover letter and resume with two references to email@example.com