You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 20th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Chika Anyanwu.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Newark, NJ
Position: Associate Director of Retreats
Department: Office for Youth & Young Adult Ministry
Reports To: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
(Exempt or Non-Exempt)
The Associate Director of Retreats coordinates all aspects of the retreat programs associated with the Office for Youth and Young Adult Ministry (OYYAM) and the St. John Paul II Youth Retreat Center.
The following specific responsibilities are representative of duties required in this position. They may be unilaterally but reasonably changed based on the working environment and departmental needs.
• Develops and implements Christocentric retreat programs reflective of the needs of the Archdiocese as determined by collaboration with the Director and the overall staff of the Office.
• Helps to direct off-site and on-site Day, Evening, Overnight or Weekend Retreats booked through the Office.
• Secures Retreat Directors if needed for all off-site or onsite Day, Evening, Overnight or Weekend Retreats booked through the Office.
• Directs Challenge Course Retreats and over sees maintenance inspections records of the structures and staff training.
• Develops and coordinates a Ministry Team of Young Adults/ Adults to help facilitate Retreats
• Develops and coordinates a peer retreat team to help facilitate Retreats
• Works with the overall staff in the planning stages for all newly created retreat opportunities. Participation in these events would also be required.
• Secures needed Clergy for Retreats and Events directing.
• Helps to train and secure Challenge Course Facilitators
• Available for consultation with clergy, parish youth ministry workers, parish/ campus ministry staffs in regards to retreats.
• Works as a part of the overall staff team to carry out the mission and vision of the Office for Youth & Young Adult Ministry.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Practicing Catholic with excellent communications skills, ability to train both youth and adults in retreat work.
• Risk management knowledge as it pertains to retreat work with youth.
• Budgeting skills, planning skills.
• Collaboration skills especially with youth ministers and parish catechetical leaders.
• Should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and Publisher)
• Bilingual preferred. (English/Spanish)
• Position requires flexibility and adaptability, working from office, evenings, and weekends and perhaps over nights as needed.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies, Education or a related field is required. A minimum of three years directing retreats and training retreat facilitators, both youth and adult, is required. Diocesan experience is a plus.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position required extended hours of operation outside the normal business hours and additionally requires flexible working schedules that include over-nights and weekends, being able to climb a ladder, be able to perform on a Challenge Course, and the possible lifting of participants.
We, The Church in the Archdiocese of Newark,
find our unity, meaning and purpose through sharing in the saving mission of Jesus Christ. Faithfulness to His total mission calls us to sacrifice and risk. Our response to this call within the Archdiocese of Newark takes on a threefold character:
– to teach and to witness the Word of God;
– to build community;
– to serve.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org