You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
The Associate Director of Campus Ministry has primary responsibility for the undergraduate student community and Newman’s mission of inviting undergraduate students to encounter Jesus Christ and accompanying them towards deeper discipleship and commitment to continue His mission. Working collegially and collaboratively with a full-time staff of eight and a part-time staff of four, the Associate Director of Campus Ministry reports directly to the Pastor/Campus Minister supervises a full-time academic year Campus Ministry Assistant.
* Engages regularly with students, in individual or small-group settings;
* Oversees the following areas of Campus Ministry:
* Cultivates, trains, and forms an effective student leadership each year for the following programs;
* Carolina Catholic Night (CCN), including weekly planning and programming, student band, and supervision of common meal;
* Student retreat programs, including
* Carolina Awakening, including oversight of student rector and student ministers; recruitment and marketing; formation of servant leadership, student leadership; pre-events; CA Letter writing;
* Other experiences, such as first-year retreat; Catholic College Summit Conference; participation in national gatherings;
* Hospitality, including planning and organizing social events, Week of Welcome;
* Campus Outreach, including planning/organizing events;
* Marketing, including planning marketing strategy, Instagram account, digital graphics, outreach and registration, weekly email;
* Executive Team: liaise between Newman and UNC, working with officers and overseeing funding request to the University;
* Collaborates with staff on student involvement in other areas:
* Pastoral Associate for Small Faith Groups and Service and Justice
* Undergraduate SFG’s and 18-20 groups;
* Service and justice activities and outreach;
* Alternative student experiences;
* Any efforts to facilitate interaction between parish and campus ministry;
* Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation and Family Ministry
* Student catechists in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd;
* Newman Youth Ministry (NYM);
* Pastoral Associate for Development
* Segmented appeals for support of campus ministry;
* Director/Assistant Director of Music
* Student involvement in liturgical music;
* All other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
The Associate Director of Campus Ministry and all Pastoral Associates also serve in the following capacities:
* Presence at significant parish-wide events;
* Presence at one Sunday liturgy per week (generally Sunday evening) and other liturgical events as needed;
* Presence at weekly staff meetings as needed;
* Maintain a budget for assigned programs;
* Provide pastoral care and be present to undergraduate students as needed;
* Maintain pastoral presence and engagement to colleagues in a supportive atmosphere;
* Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
* A practicing and dedicated Catholic committed to personal discipleship and evangelization;
* Advanced degree in Theology, Pastoral Studies or related field preferred; Bachelor’s degree in same +Certification accepted;
* Experience with university campus ministry, young adult ministry, or youth ministry;
* Strong communication, organizational, relational, and leadership skills;
* Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with others in a contemporary university parish setting.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, 12-month position. Competitive salary. Full benefits package of the Diocese of Raleigh (health, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, vacation, and retirement).
The Newman Catholic Community is a Roman Catholic parish of the Diocese of Raleigh ministering to students, faculty, and staff of the University of North Carolina and alumni, families, friends, and visitors to Chapel Hill.
To apply, please send a cover letter, cv, and two letters of recommendation to the Search Committee at email@example.com. Position opening January 2, 2022. Deadline for application, October 15, 2021.