You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Tallahassee, FL
• Creatively develop, coordinate, implement and assist directing middle school ministry, Confirmation, high school youth ministry, and college ministry to serve the immediate needs of young people at Good Shepherd;
• Work as a team with the youth ministry and parish staff;
• Provide radical hospitality to young people and their families;
• Maintain strong support and connection to the parish and;
• Ensure a safe environment for all youth and young adults.
• Engage in relational ministry (making appropriate personal relationships in order to know teens and bring them to Christ);
• Build relationships with adults in the parish and invite them to support the Church’s mission of evangelization to young people;
• Assist in the formation of adult volunteers in order to empower them to accompany young people in becoming life-long disciples of Jesus Christ and active members of the Catholic Church;
• Serve as a representative of the parish, particularly to the youth group at community functions, athletic games and student’s school performances;
• Maintain proper balance and understanding of the importance of a teen’s trust of the youth minister with the parent’s right to know important information involving their teens; and
• Clearly share vision of ministry with parents so they understand the purpose and direction of youth ministry.
• Help plan and execute programming, working with fellow staff to create original youth nights, retreats, Bible Studies, and all other programs;
• Assist with developing, directing, and facilitating retreats, the March for Life Pilgrimage, Steubenville Youth Conference, Leadership Camps, and Domestic and International Mission Trips;
• Recognition of teen culture and a masterful eye to identify the ways we can proclaim Christ within it;
• Provide an online and social media presence for youth to stay digitally connected to Good Shepherd;
• Create outreach programs, activities and events that invite new youth into the life of the community;
• Develop written and visual marketing content and execute marketing strategies; and
• Coordinate and lead annual fundraising projects.
• Develop and supervise programs that lead youth deeper as disciples of Jesus Christ;
• Provide solid Catholic catechesis through high quality weekly youth nights aimed at effectively passing on the Catholic faith to youth;
• Actively recruit, engage in fellowship with and train adult volunteers to equip them to be effective as youth leaders;
• Send weekly communication updates to parents;
• Organize and maintain youth ministry office by establishing files of office and program materials; providing for proper storage of youth ministry materials and equipment; overseeing development of youth ministry resources; and
• Provide a hospitable and timely response to all email and phone communication.
• Joyfully take direction from leadership;
• Be an actively engaged member of the Parish Team, participating in staff meetings, daily prayer meetings and other key team meetings and events;
• Support the policies and vision of Good Shepherd Parish with emphasis on hospitality, care, and concern for the individual;
• Adhere to all church policies, complete yearly and quarterly evaluations and maintain office hours as agreed upon with Director of Youth Ministry; and
• Maintain professional competency by being aware of current trends in youth ministry; continuing education; attending diocesan meetings, workshops and in-service as provided.
• Strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a deep love for His Church;
• Passion for leading young people into a life-changing encounter with Jesus;
• Humble, with a genuine openness to constructive criticism;
• Joyful, authentic, charitable and courageous;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Servant leader;
• Thrives in team environments;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Incessant tinkerer, constantly driven towards better outcomes;
• Effective planner and implementer;
• Highly responsive and dependable;
• Mission driven; and a
• Creative problem solver.
The Assistant Youth Minister:
• Is based in Tallahassee, FL;
• Reports to the Director of Youth Ministry;
• Has a passion for leading people into a life changing-encounter with Jesus;
• Is or will be an active member of Good Shepherd Parish;
• Will be committed to the mission, ministry, values, and faith traditions of Good Shepherd Parish and living in full communion with the Catholic Church;
• Will be a salaried employee with a benefit package, including health, dental and vision benefits, 401K retirement plan, vacation and sick pay; and
• Will be required to work evenings and weekends and other times that are necessary to meet the needs of the parish and its dynamic responsibilities and activities.
The above list of job duties is not an exclusive or exhaustive list, nor is it designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Good Shepherd Catholic Church, a vibrant and highly active parish located in Tallahassee, Florida, is seeking a motivated, energetic Full Time Assistant Youth Minister to play an active role in our youth ministry team for our parish of nearly 2,000 registered families. The essential element of youth ministry at Good Shepherd is to create an irresistible environment where young people can encounter God and grow in a deep relationship with the Catholic Church. Good Shepherd is a suburban parish that fully supports youth ministry.
Interested and excited? We want to hear from you!
Please send your cover letter, resume, three references, and video introduction to
email@example.com. The video should include a brief introduction about yourself, your background and passion for youth ministry (this can be done using your smartphone and this can also be a self-made video). Your cover letter should include information about your faith journey and current spiritual disciplines.
Deadline: Friday, September 4, 2020