You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Summary: St Philip parish seeks a dynamic, faith-filled and qualified individual to continue the development of comprehensive ministry that engages our youth. The Assistant Director of Youth Discipleship and Evangelization (ADYDE) walks with young people and their families to become active Disciples of Christ who fully participate in all aspects of parish life. This is accomplished through a process of evangelization that includes pastoral, liturgical and catechetical formation. The ADYDE provides primary leadership for the design, implementation and evaluation of parish ministry to our youth. The ADYDE continually seeks to form parents and other adults to also walk with our youth in their faith in order to make disciples of them as well. Candidates who possess effective leadership, strong personal communication, teamwork and organizational skills will be given preference. All catechetical instruction must be in keeping with the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church.
Duties of the Position:
• Participates in decision-making regarding total parish direction and activities. Attends team meetings, team faith formation, and team development days
• Continues personal formation through appropriate classes, workshops and retreats
• Assists the Director of Youth Discipleship and Evangelization (DYDE) in facilitating the YDE Leadership Team to plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive parish program for youth in grades 6-12 to include confirmation
• Meets with the DYDE to schedule, plan, and carry out all youth ministry activities
• Builds relationships of integrity with youth that become the basis of meeting needs, sharing Christ, and involving youth in peer ministry
• Invites, trains, motivates, evaluates and adult volunteers to support the YDE ministry, and promotes faith formation of small group leaders, youth and adult leaders
• Assists the DYDE to coordinate, maintain and communicate a calendar and database of youth programs and activities with the calendars of the parish and the diocese
• Assists the DYDE to prepare and organize service projects (including summer programs), retreats and social functions
• Prepares marketing and communication tools to promote youth programs and activities
• Assists the DYDE to discern emerging youth ministry needs; and assists in developing modifications and enhancements to meet those needs
• Obtains and maintains parental support and consent for all program activities in keeping with parish and diocesan guidelines
• Provides supervisor with timely program activity reports and evaluations as required
• Additional Duties as assigned
• Active Roman Catholic, dedicated to the sacramental life of the Church and lives by its moral code
• Emotionally mature individual, confident in his/her ability to work with youth and adults for fostering the Catholic faith
• Bachelor’s degree in pastoral ministry, religious studies, or theology, with some experience in the fields of youth ministry is preferred
• Creative with excellent skills for prioritizing and organizing
• Skilled in both written and oral communication
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ProPresenter, video conferencing software, and fluent in applications used by our youth
• Able to sit and perform computer work for lengthy periods of time
• Frequent use of computer keyboard that requires repetitive hand and wrist movements
• Frequent walking, standing and sitting
• Flexible hours, including evenings, weekend and overnight stays
• Ability to lift up to 45 pounds without assistance
Applicant must meet the following diocesan requirements:
• Criminal background check
• Drug screening
• Safe Environment training provided by the Office for Safe Environment and Child and Family Resources
The ADYDE receives benefits such as health, retirement and paid holidays in addition to his/ her base salary according to the policy of the Diocese of Corpus Christi
St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church is a large and growing Catholic parish located in Corpus Christi, TX. FMI: www.stphilipcc.com
Please send Cover Letters and Resumes to:
Crystal Trujillo, Parish Administrator