You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
The Administrative Assistant will be integral part of the Evangelization and Formation Team. This role acts as the primary contact at St. James for all ministries related to evangelization and formation offerings and is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks. This is a dynamic position that St. James believes will play a crucial role in helping our members to be disciples of Christ and make disciples of Christ.
1. Act as primary contact for Evangelization and Formation, which includes: interfacing with parents, catechists and parish/school staff by email and over the phone and in-person; answering questions and concerns, specifically to be the key contact regarding sacramental/paperwork questions; handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
2. Attend weekly religious education classes. (Currently Tuesday evenings 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.)
3. Working closely with Evangelization and Formation team, coordinate registration for all formation including religious education, Life Teen, EDGE, and Alpha.
4. Responsible for all data and paperwork for formation including data entry of sacraments and registration into PDS, Virtus compliance for all catechists, and sacramental verification for all students.
5. Coordinate, participate in, and send meeting notes for weekly Evangelization and Formation team meetings.
6. Manage inventories of supplies and materials.
7. Other tasks as assigned.
Welcome to St James! It is with great pride and joy that I welcome you and your family to this wonderful faith community. St James is a warm and welcoming parish of over 2,000 active families. I firmly believe that the best way for you to see firsthand the true vibrancy of this parish is to join us for one of our liturgies. Every Mass is unique and each one will leave you wanting more.
This informative website is another great place to jump-start your St. James experience. With numerous ministries, sacraments and activities covering all aspects of parish life, formation, spirituality and human concerns, I can honestly say we have an opportunity for everyone, young and old, to share their time and talent in an environment that will also deepen their personal relationship with our Lord. Don’t be shy—let your mouse do the walking. Along with this interactive website, St. James can be found on social media! Follow me on @padrematt, and follow parish news on @StJamesParishAH. And don’t forget to “like” the St. James Facebook page!
Our mission is to be disciples of Christ and make disciples of Christ. Our vision is that each member of our community encounters the fire of God’s love; then with hearts burning brightly, shares that love with others. Attend one of our beautiful liturgies, join one of our ministries or take part in a parish event…bring the family, invite a friend—all are welcome!
I look forward to meeting you at one of our future liturgies or parish events. Please pray for me. I will remember you and your family in my prayers as I celebrate daily Mass.
Your Servant in Christ,
Fr. Matt Foley
Email Resume to Jonathan Blevins at Jblevins@stjamesah.org