Ready to move beyond just giving up chocolate? Last year we gave you 25 Creative Ideas for Lent. This year, I thought it’d be fun to expand upon that list.
Except, if you know us at Life Teen, you know we like to make things a bit… well… more interesting. So here’s a list of weird things to do for lent. The best part is that even though they’re a bit odd, they will actually help you to be holy!
- Don’t eat the last bite of your food
- Park at the very back of the parking lot
- Put a popcorn kernel in your shoe every day
- Don’t use your apps
- Get to know your neighbors
- Pray the “Hail Mary” and do an ab crunch for every single word
- Stop complaining and/or being negative
- Give up texting and call whomever you need to talk to
- Don’t use utensils
- Give away 10 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and a pair of shoes
- When you wake up, jump out of bed, kiss the floor, and learn humility
- Wear the same 4 outfits for all of lent
- Everyday do 20 (or 100) pushups and offer it up for someone who’s sick
- Leave a post-it with a positive message on it wherever you go
- Cut out all screen-time (phone, TV, computer) after dinner
- Use your weekends to babysit for free
- Send a different person from the Life Teen Staff an affirmation email every day of Lent
- Don’t straighten or curl your hair
- Sit and stand up straight – don’t slouch!
- Every day take a picture of something or someone you’re grateful for and hang the pictures in your room
Of course you could combine any of those ideas, or put your own spin on them! Don’t forget that Lent is about stretching ourselves. It’s about doing something that’s uncomfortable in order to deny our “flesh” and make more room for God. I’m praying for you. Have a holy Lent.