“The life of a missionary… is a life full of happiness and joy.” – Blessed Mother Teresa
It has been such a great month here at Covecrest! Over the past few weeks, I’ve really been noticing the joy our community has and the blessing it is to be on this journey together. Here’s a little glimpse into some of the things that have brought us joy:
- the moment the mailman arrives each day–because who doesn’t love getting mail?
- peanut butter and the many different foods it can be eaten with
- praising God through song first thing in the morning, even when we might not be 100% awake yet
- having conversations in random accents
- watching “Boy Meets World” and realizing that some of it is even funnier than when we were younger and at times the music is overly cheesy
- walking into the lodge on a cold morning and seeing that there’s a warm fire to sit by
- mid-morning snacks that often involve random leftovers…mmmm, cold chicken fingers
- making music videos in our spare time to send to our missionary brothers and sisters at the other mission bases
…and I’m sure there’s so much more that I’m forgetting, but the great thing is that we have the chance to slow down and appreciate the joy of these little moments here at Covecrest. I encourage you to give it a try: take the time to notice the little blessings and joys in your life today. You won’t be disappointed!