This week our Life Teen Staff Pick is from Erika Rosa. Erika is our newest employee! She is our Accounting Assistant and just moved here from Oregon. Erika is a recent graduate of Franciscan University of Steubenville. Here’s her recommendation for you!
“Return to Me is a movie that my whole family would sit down and watch together while I was growing up. My favorite part of the movie is the older men. They add a little comic relief to the story. Occasionally, my mom would treat us to her homemade caramel corn as we all gathered to watch a movie. I’m not sure I’m supposed to be sharing her family recipe but I figured just this once it’d be okay!”
Return to Me is rated PG for language and thematic elements. It also has some mild sexual references.
- 7 to 8 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1/4-teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4-teaspoon vanilla
- Put popcorn into 17x12x2 inch baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan mix brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat till mixture boils. Continue boiling without stirring for 5 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour mixture over popcorn; stir gently to coat. Bake in a 300-degree oven for 15 minutes. Stir mixture; bake 5 minutes more.