Journey with Life Teen | Poland | July 22 – August 1, 2016
Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy
(Matthew 5:7) – WYD 2016 Theme
Why Go To WYD with Life Teen?
Life Teen has partnered with Dube Travel Agency to make WYD 2016 a life-changing and safe experience. Dube Travel Agency was founded on July 1, 1962. In the past 51 years, DTA has remained a Catholic-family owned company which allows them to insure that their family and faith values are the primary ruling principles in running the company and that is what has allowed them to succeed and continue to grow. Dube Travel has three locations in Maine but serves groups across the United States. Dube Travel’s first World Youth Day was in 1997, to WYD Paris with the Salesian Youth Ministry and the Diocese of Portland Maine. Since then they have grown numbers of pilgrims for each event (including Rome, Toronto, Cologne, Sydney, Madrid and Rio de Janeiro). For World Youth Day Krakow, DTA is expecting to move well over 3000 pilgrims with groups from many dioceses over the United States. Life Teen Staff traveled to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2013 to experience the Dube Travel Agency and are confident in the WYD experience that they will bring to our parishes.
Additonally, Dube Travel Agency is partnered with Mazurkas Travel. Mazurkas is a leading Destination Management Company in Poland & the official travel company of WYD 2016! They are based out of Warsaw and have an office in Krakow. Mazurkas has over 25 years experience in managing meetings, events, congresses and corporate and leisure travel throughout Poland, and are uniquely qualified to provide arrangements for attendees of Krakow World Youth Day 2016.
*Note: Itinerary & Pricing are not finalized until airline fees/taxes are set and WYD logistics are announced from Poland. These are very close estimates of the final price.
Life Teen Staff Hosts
In addition to the great experience of Dube Travel Agency, the Life Teen Staff will be hosting day programming and excursions in Poland, catechetical sessions at holy sites around Poland, daily Mass & XLT in Krakow. Life Teen will also be bringing our own musicians (TBA) to assist in liturgies and prayer services. All of the hotels/dorms are within 5 minutes walking of each other in the Jewish District of Krakow. Life Teen Staff have already visited Poland in October 2014 to scope out the city and see the sites of WYD events ahead of the 2016 pilgrimage. To check out their findings from that trip CLICK HERE. Life Teen Staff and Dube Travel Agency will be on hand to make sure all needs are met and all excursions are exceptional experiences!
Life Teen and Dube Travel will offer Webinars for group leaders and parents of participants at a designated date. These Webinars will be recorded for those that cannot attend live. Prior to departure, Life Teen & DTA will hold a preparation meeting for all group participants to review all documents, review the trip itinerary, documentation requirements, packing tips, and all other relevant information.
"The Church needs you, your enthusiasm, your creativity and the joy that is so characteristic of you."
Patron Saints for WYD 2016
St. John Paul II
St. Maximilian Kolbe
- All pilgrims must be at least 16 years old at the time of departure and rising junior in high school through recent high school graduate (Classes of 2016-2018). We will not accommodate young adult participants unless they are coming as chaperones.
- Every group must bring chaperones (8:1 ratio of the same gender). Chaperones must be 21+ years old. Life Teen Staff will NOT be considered chaperones.
All Hotels/Dorms are located within the Jewish District of Krakow which is very close to the city center. This will provide easy access to other Life Teen hotels/dorms (5 minutes walking) as well as many of the WYD sites. The only time pilgrims will not be in the hotels/dorms is the first night of the trip we still stay at an accommodation TBD in Warsaw, Poland and the evening of the Prayer Vigil with Pope Francis will be camping style at WYD site TBD.
Pricing & Payments
- Price will vary depending on departure city and final airfare taxes.
- For Hotel option the price is $2299 + Airfare
- For Hostel/Dorm option the price is $1849 + Airfare
- Airfare will be somewhere between $1400-$1800 and will be finalized closer to departure.
- Life Teen & Dube Travel are currently erring on the side of caution with airfare prices and this is why it might seem high.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit of $250 a person is required to reserve a spot.
- Payment schedule will be sent with confirmation email after deposit is made and will be spread out over 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- The final payment/remaining balance will be due in early 2016.
CLICK HERE for more pricing & itinerary info.
Payments per person are due according to the following schedule:
- Now: $250 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit
- November 15, 2014: $500
- April 15, 2015: $500
- September 15, 2015: $500
- January 15, 2016: $500
- March 1, 2016: Remaining Balance
- The $250 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable to another spot should someone decide to cancel.
- After January 1, 2015 an additional $250 is non-refundable.
- Beginning on July 1, 2015, no refund of any amount paid will be made to any participant.
- For these reasons, travel insurance is highly recommended. For more info on travel insurance options, please contact Dube Travel at email@example.com or 1-800-TRY-DUBE.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing to Dube Travel & Life Teen by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
- Name changes of participants can be made without charge or penalty until February 1, 2016. Thereafter, but not later than May 1, 2016, each name change will be subject to an administration fee of $50, plus any fees which may be charged by vendors engaged for the trip on account of such name change. This is also subject to the airline rules.
Stephen Lenahan, Director of Events, Life Teen