Are you looking for some creative date ideas to do with a special someone this month? Valentines day is right around the corner and why not celebrate in a fun and creative way?
There is no reason why you cannot make this date the Best. Date. Ever.
Say “Goodbye” to boring because here are some ideas to help spark your imagination:
Rock ‘n Rollin’ Fun
So remember in elementary school when the cool thing to do was to go to the roller rink? At some point it became ‘uncool.’ But let’s be honest, that was so much fun! Let’s reclaim the ‘swag’ of roller skates, and why not do it with a significant other? So this time when it’s time for the couple skate you’re not awkwardly leaving the rink.
You can make this date even more fun by making it all about elementary school fads. Chicken nuggets and Mac’n cheese would be the ideal dinner menu. Followed by a large amounts of pop rocks, warheads, and ring pops for a sugar high, of course. To end the night, make sure to play an intense game of Battle Ship or Sorry.
Have a FAN-tastic day together
The two of you can pick someone, whether it’s a parent, a sibling, or a mutual friend and become their biggest fans for the day. That means you find out their schedule that day and cheer them on at every point. Of course, pick someone that wouldn’t mind you essentially stalking them for the day. (Maybe giving them some sort of warning would be a good idea.)
But, when they’re going to their third hour math class . . . hold up signs that say, “Have some 3.14159!” (Get it? If not, maybe you should sit in on that math class with them.) Plan to have your dinner with them that day, and spend the dinner as a couple affirming that person. Air horns and face paint is a must.
Basically, celebrate the life of a friend or family member together for the day. The joy in a relationship should overflow into every other relationship – so, do things that day to spread your love and joy to others.
Learn a dance together
There’s nothing more fun than learning something new together. Do some research around where you live and try to find dance studios that offer ballroom dancing lessons. Whether you two learn salsa, swing, or the fox trot – learning a specific type of dance is the perfect way to not only expand your knowledge of dance, but also of each other.
More random (and fun) date ideas
- Go to your local grocery story and find a cooking magazine. Pick an appetizer, main dish, and desert out of the magazine and buy all the necessary ingredients. Cook it together and you could even pretend you’re on a cooking show while you’re at it.
- Map out a long drive and have a mini-road trip. Of course, don’t leave out all the fun road trip games (ABC game, Valley of the Green Glass Doors, etc.) If you need to go to the bathroom, stop at a fast food restaurant. Pack lunches and bring a camera. Make every stop, a tourist stop. You could end the night with a picnic in your own back yard… (worth the drive, right?)
- Go to Goodwill and pick out outfits for the other person (modest is hottest) and wear them to dinner afterwards. The more ridiculous, the better.
- Watch a movie on mute and add in your own script.
- Make a story book together with pictures that highlights your relationship.
Basically, anything that the two of you can get to know each other and have fun while doing could be considered an awesome date!