You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on the 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time with Mark Hart
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
Life Teen Women's Retreats are an incredible opportunity for women from all walks of life to come together for an inspiring, refreshing weekend retreat. Come grow in prayer and sisterhood at either Camp Covecrest in the mountains of Georgia, or the beautiful St. Louis, MO. Registration opens November 1st!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw? Well, you are not alone. More than a Pretty Face shares the real life story of a young woman who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This is a story full of ups and downs, tears and laughter; a story that is honest, funny, and encouraging.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: O'Fallon, MO
TITLE: Youth Ministry Music Director (“Worship Leader”)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Youth Ministry
HOURS: Part-time or Full-time salaried employee depending on the fit of the applicant
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Youth Ministry in collaboration with the Pastor and in concert with the vision of Assumption Youth Ministry (“AYM”), helps to coordinate, implement, develop and evaluate the high school and middle school catechetical and youth ministry movement with particular focus on developing and leading musical worship; maintains professional competency; participates as a member of the parish staff; performs any other job related tasks deemed necessary and/or assigned by the Pastor. Part-time position will focus on the musical leadership aspect of the job, while the full-time position would expand to encompass the feel of an “assistant youth minister”.
DUTIES OF THE JOB:
• Coordinate, maintain and develop AYM music ministry, primarily through an Assumption Life Teen Worship Band with its primary focus being to provide praise
and worship music for the Sunday evening Life Teen Mass which invites and leads all into the Eucharistic mystery of Liturgy and the presence of God; style of praise and worship in the likes of, but not limited to, Bethel Music, Elevation Worship, Housefires, Hillsong United, Passion, Jesus Culture, Matt Maher, Ike Ndolo, Audrey Assad, and similar; Stay on top of current worship music trends.
• Facilitate, coordinate, and lead all necessary rehearsals and communication for the Assumption Life Teen Worship Band especially in preparation for Sunday Life Teen Mass, working with the parish Coordinator of Liturgical Music when necessary.
• Help coordinate any needed setup for the Life Teen Worship Band at liturgies and events.
• Assist with basic audio needs at liturgies and events.
• Attend all relevant youth ministry high school Life Teen and middle school EDGE events with a focus of providing worship music that leads and invites all to enter into prayer and praise of God, most primarily on Sunday and Wednesday evenings, semi-annual youth retreats, and forthcoming EDGE nights.
• Collaborate closely with the Director of Youth Ministry so as to implement the overall vision for AYM through the planning, execution, and evaluation of the Assumption Life Teen and EDGE movement.
• Be available to take on the role of a “Core Member” at the discretion of the Director of Youth Ministry by helping to lead small groups and share one’s faith while being a mentor for the youth.
• Develop appropriate relationships with high school teens and middle schoolers incorporating relational ministry.
• Prepare lyric slides for all relevant events.
• Report all licensing and music use to appropriate licensing agencies.
• Be available for possible extra liturgies and events over the course of the year including, but not limited to, Christmas, Holy Week, and Easter at the discretion of the Director of Youth Ministry and Pastor. (Full-time position primarily)
• Attend youth ministry and/or music ministry training conferences at the discretion of the Director of Youth Ministry and Pastor.
• Attend to one’s own spiritual life and take a personal, formal retreat less than 5 days in length each year to be discussed with the Director of Youth Ministry beforehand.
JOB SPECIFICATION: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Passion and love of God, youth ministry, and musical praise and worship.
• Maintain an efficient and professional manner; maintain confidentiality and continuous professional development through study and self-examination.
• Must be proficient in one’s musical abilities, both vocally and instrumentally, so as to be able to lead praise and worship music; Instrumental proficiency preference is acoustic guitar.
• Must be comfortable in leading prayer, most primarily through music.
• Must have a good knowledge of current praise and worship music and a willingness to stay up-to-date with current praise and worship trends, as well as overall liturgical music trends.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church and who seeks to adhere to all doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Must have some knowledge of adolescent development and youth ministry methods; must be willing to stay current on trends in youth ministry and catechesis of youth.
• Must be able to work under pressure; must be able to work within collaborative ministry with members of the parish staff in a growing parish; must be able to anticipate solutions to problems.
• Must have basic organizational and leadership skills.
• Must be in good health and energetic enough to participate in youth activities.
• Complete and adhere to all Archdiocesan rules and regulations, especially those regarding interactions with minors, specifically those put forward in the “Protecting God’s Children” program.
• Three years experience in youth ministry activities preferred, especially related to leading musical worship.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Catechetics, Music or other related field, or a Youth Minister certificate is preferred.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and some evenings. Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and have personal transportation. Employee is subject to Diocesan and parish personnel policies.
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a large parish located in an growing area with many young families. With many available resources, it has recently been decided by the parish staff to invest heavily in a Life Teen Movement at Assumption parish over the next decade.
Please contact Phil Lewandowski (Director of Youth Ministry) with any questions or to submit an application: