You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on the 3rd Sunday of Easter with Rachel Penate
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Each summer, Life Teen hosts six different Steubenville Youth Conferences (East, West, Atlanta, NYC, Lone Star, and NorCal) with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ. Registration is now open, don't miss out on this life-changing experience!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
God wants to transform your heart every day, but He especially wants to transform it when you encounter Him at Mass.
Let Ascend help prepare your heart to encounter Christ in the readings at Mass.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: Glen Allen, VA
The Youth Ministry Office at St. Michael is in need of an energetic and passionate individual for the internship-style position of Youth Ministry Assistant. This year-long, paid ($10-12 per hour depending on qualifications) internship would begin in May/June 2017 and conclude in May, 2018. It may also lead to possible further opportunities post-internship. This opportunity is perfect for someone looking to grow in their understanding/mechanics of ministering to youth and develop a wide range of skills needed in ministry as a whole.
This position requires an average of 25 hours weekly, including Sunday evenings (during the school year), as well as some other evening/weekend time when needed. **A reduced number of hours may be open for discussion based on the applicant. For example, if the applicant is currently enrolled in college/higher education and is taking classes simultaneously with the internship.
What Kind of Applicants Are We Looking For?
An ideal skill set for a “super-intern” would include the following:
(If you possess any combination of the following, this might be for you!)
– Loves Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church & seeks to continue and develop a healthy faith and prayer life
– Friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful personality– hospitable and charitable toward people
– Ready to get to work to accomplish great things and then some
– Can think critically on their feet, able to accomplish and/or innovate a project with few set instructions (self-starter/motivator)
– Fluent use of Microsoft Office (especially Excel & Publisher)
– Knowledgeable use of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
– Has a keen eye for good design & promotional materials and/or can do basic designing in programs such as Photoshop (bonus!)
– Can analyze a set of data and make sense of it, has the ability to keep it organized, and can initiate and create systems for data we collect or create to make it easier to use for communication purposes
– Has the ability to create and edit videos for promotional or Life Night/retreat use (bonus!)
– Ready to think outside of the box, not be content with “what’s always been done,” and inspire teens by helping them encounter the true beauty of the Catholic Church in the modern world
Basic Job Description:
The intern position will be under the supervision of the Parish Youth Advocate. Prominent duties the intern will assist with include, but are not limited to:
– Assisting weekly with Life Nights and/or EDGE Nights in the areas of preparation, set up, execution, and clean up. Intern will also work with teens in a small group setting at Life Nights and/or EDGE Nights.
– Assist with semester/series planning for future nights
– Help maintain social media and communications channels
– Participate in some relational ministry with teens throughout the week
– Assist with marketing and promoting of youth ministry events with fresh ideas and clean designs
– Assist with parent communication & scheduling of appointments
– Assist with retreats & special events
– Assist and/or lead (occasionally) Discipleship nights during the week
– Assist with ongoing fundraising efforts and create innovative programs or plans to continue to connect our youth ministry movement with our donors and parishioners at-large
– Anything else deemed necessary by the Parish Youth Advocate to help and assist the Youth Ministry movement and its Core Team.
St. Michael is a Catholic parish in the West End of Richmond, Virginia. With 2,800 registered families, we are a mid-sized, active, faith community. In addition to the dozens of ministries at St. Michael, we support a growing Life Teen movement with approximately 150 teens in grades 9-12 and an EDGE middle school ministry with approximately 80 youth in grades 6-8. Both movements continue to grow and develop in their 3rd year. Our parish mission statement summary is “to be the presence of Christ.” For more information about our parish, visit www.saint-mikes.org
Applicants should send resumes and inquiries digitally to:
Parish Youth Advocate
Position remains open until filled.