You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on the 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time with Rachel Penate.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw? Well, you are not alone. More than a Pretty Face shares the real life story of a young woman who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This is a story full of ups and downs, tears and laughter; a story that is honest, funny, and encouraging.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Whitinsville, MA
St. Patrick’s Parish in Whitinsville, MA is seeking a full-time Pastoral Associate for Youth Ministry.
Who Is A Pastoral Associate to Youth Ministry?
The first thing necessary is a real sense of being a disciple of Jesus Christ. Before coordinators of Pastoral Associates do anything, they must be serious about their relationship with God in Jesus Christ. That means an active prayer life, familiarity with scripture, especially the gospels, a real connection to church life including the sacraments, its moral teaching and the realization of their own need for conversion.
Above all Pastoral Associates must love young people! They are evangelizers who live and preach the Gospel with joy and conviction. They serve as a mentor, guide, example, teacher, companion, and friend. They know how to set and respect boundaries and have a good and healthy sense of self.
Their main goal is “to make disciples” and help young people develop a relationship with God and his Church.
What Sort of Education and Training Is necessary?
The Pastoral Associate to Youth Ministry is a professional. They have at least a bachelor’s degree. They have sought opportunities to serve as a volunteer or intern in parish youth ministry programs. Certification and standards are important to them. They have a background in religious studies or theology and are open to examining the tenets of Catholic youth ministry. The coordinator knows and understands the bishops’ documents on youth ministry, especially the 1997 USCCB document Renewing the Vision. They are open to ongoing education, never stop learning and take advantage of professional journals and organizations. On occasion the mature coordinator of youth ministry realizes that they may be in over their head and seeks the help, support and advice of others in the field.
Finally, the Pastoral Associate to Youth Ministry is a humble servant, one who while wanting to make a living and enjoy life is a living reminder of the person and presence of Christ. Youth ministry is a real adventure; it is a joy, a challenge, a cross and a mission. A Pastoral Associate to Youth Ministry is open to talk with other youth ministers, find out what they do, ask them questions about real life situations as well as take the time to pray and reflect about this ministry and the ways that God is calling them to share their gifts with others.
1. General Responsibilities
The Pastoral Associate to Youth Ministry provides a “vision” and coordination for the parish’s efforts in ministry to young people from 6th through 12th grades. This vision has to reflect the vision of the Pastoral Team. Some of the general responsibilities include: high school and middle school sessions (weekly or bi-weekly gatherings), monthly activities, catechesis, sacramental preparation (confirmation and RCIY), Just in 5 Days and YNIA (Young Neighbors in Action). The Pastoral Associate to Youth Ministry will work as a team with the coordinator of PK-5 and Kids ministries.
The Pastoral Associate to Youth Ministry is a member of the parish staff who reports directly to the pastor, and indirectly to the parish staff and Pastoral Team.
• Evaluate and develop a systematic and intentional plan for adolescent faith formation that utilizes a creative and “irresistible” variety of formats, settings, and timeframes that help young members of our community grow in their relationship with God.
• Shape a “dynamic team” by coordinating the recruitment, training, supporting, and evaluation of volunteers in the youth ministry program
• Develop a budget for youth ministry with the parish business manager
• Coordinate the confirmation program and YNIA
• Foster the involvement of young people in the life of the parish, including serving on various parish ministries and being involved in parish activities
• Coordinate the outreach to and evangelization of all young people in the parish
• Provide appropriate services and programs for parents of adolescents. Handle highly confidential information and navigate youth and adult relationships maturely,
• Advocate for a comprehensive vision of youth ministry, based on the 1997 USCCB document, Renewing The Vision
• Attend regular staff meetings and participate in staff planning
• Communicate to staff about youth ministry activities and seek staff input in planning youth ministry activities
• Be a resource person to parish staff on issues related to youth and youth ministry
• Study successful ministries, be open to learning, and growing
• Provide resources (print, video, multi-media) for effective programming
• Serve as the liaison with the Diocesan Office of Youth ministry and their programs, services and resources
•The Pastoral Associate to Youth Ministry will have a collegial relationship with
parishes in the local cluster and with the parochial schools at which some
students are enrolled
• Establish similar positive relationships with local churches, all members of
the Northbridge Association of Churches.
• Pastor–immediate supervisor
• Parish Staff–close cooperation and communication
• Pastoral Team –attend regular meetings and provide a youth ministry report
• Parish Committees–communicate and collaborate with appropriate committees, i.e., liturgy, religious education music ministry, etc.
• Parents and Parishioners – regular communication and seek input as appropriate
• Diocesan Offices – regular communications and adherence to Diocesan policies.
The parish will provide compensation commensurate with education and experience, based on diocesan salary guidelines, plus health care, pension, disability, and professional development.
How to Apply
St Patrick’s Parish, located in the Whitinsville section of Northbridge, Massachusetts, is a lively community of just under 1,300 households in the Diocese of Worcester. Currently, we have over 300 students enrolled in Religious Formation programs and approximately 50 adults and youth as teachers and aids. On average 40 students receive the Sacrament of First Communion and 38 students receive the Sacrament Confirmation, 35 students will be traveling this summer on Young Neighbors in Action. In 2016 a group of 10 Young People traveled to Word Youth Day in Poland and we are planning on taking a group to Rome for Youth Festivities associated with World Youth Day in Panama in the summer of 2019.
The parish participates in a regional Catholic School www.ourladyofthevalleyregional.com/. Many families also attend other Catholic schools throughout the Diocese and Rhode Island.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Jackie@mystpatrics.com Deadline for applications is June 15, 2017 The position will remain open until filled.