You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on the 5th Sunday of Lent with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Each summer, Life Teen hosts six different Steubenville Youth Conferences (East, West, Atlanta, NYC, Lone Star, and NorCal) with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ. Registration is now open, don't miss out on this life-changing experience!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
God wants to transform your heart every day, but He especially wants to transform it when you encounter Him at Mass.
Let Ascend help prepare your heart to encounter Christ in the readings at Mass.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Bluffton, SC
Elementary Youth Minister & Primary Catechist (Pre-K & Elementary Grades) Job Description
Position Title: Elementary Youth Minister & Catechist (Pre-K & Elementary Grades)
Reports To: Director of Youth Ministry & Formation
Direct Reports: None
Vision: We are looking for a youth minister and catechist who wants to instill the tenants of the faith in the young church while building and maintaining relationships with families so that all are connected to Jesus Christ within the parish community.
Job Summary: We’re breaking new ground in Youth Ministry and Formation. Our parish is changing the way we approach youth ministry and catechesis and we are looking we need a self-motivated, organized, passionate person to serve with us on our team. As a direct report to the Director of Youth Ministry & Formation, the Youth Minister & Primary Catechist (Pre-K & Elementary Grades) in the Office of Youth Ministry & Formation (OYMF) is an important ministerial person responsible for providing the vision and coordination of the parish’s efforts in catechesis and ministry to young people from Pre-K through 2nd grades including sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion. This includes Pre-K and elementary school catechetical/ministerial sessions (weekly or semi-weekly gatherings depending on scheduling and number of families), monthly activities, catechesis and sacramental preparation (First Reconciliation and First Communion). The goal is to provide competent catechesis and comprehensive youth ministry. This new model of catechesis and ministry is a blend of a standard catechetical model following a curriculum and comprehensive youth ministry as outlined by the USCCB document, “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.” This position is the primary catechist and minister for young people and families but does not end with one catechetical program within the ministry. We are looking to build relationships within our community, our parish, and ultimately directing these relationships (parents, students, families) to Jesus Christ. By using a relational model of ministry as a model of also providing the curriculum topics as outlined by the Diocesan Catechetical Office we hope to evangelize, catechize, engage, and empower young people and families to live their faith as fully active members of the parish community.
Member of the Youth Ministry & Formation Department–the Youth Minister & Primary Catechist (Pre-K & Elementary Grades) will be responsible to:
• Attend regular departmental meetings
• Participate in departmental planning
• Communicate to staff about youth ministry & formation activities
• Seek staff input in planning youth ministry & formation activities
• Be a resource person to parish staff on issues related to youth and youth ministry within their scope
• Serve as the liaison with the department head, parish staff and the parish
Parish Youth Ministry & Catechesis–the parish youth ministry & formation ministry integrates adolescent catechesis into a comprehensive ministry to, with, by and for young people. The Youth Minister & Primary Catechist (Pre-K & Elementary Grades) responsibilities include:
• Recruiting, training, and facilitating a team of catechists and ministers which is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating the ministry and formation of youth in grades Pre-K to 2.
• Serving as an active member of the Office of Youth Ministry & Formation providing vision, direction, support, and advocacy for the parish ministry with youth.
• Coordinating the recruitment, training, supporting, and evaluating of student leaders in the youth ministry program.
• Developing a systematic and intentional plan for catechesis according to Diocesan curriculum guidelines for grade levels that utilizes a creative variety of formats, settings, and timeframes.
• Providing resources (print, video, archdiocesan events) for effective programming.
• Providing appropriate training for the adults and young people in leadership positions.
• Coordinating the First Reconciliation and First Communion programs.
• Fostering the involvement of young families in the life of the parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities.
• Coordinating the outreach to and evangelization of all young people in the parish – especially focused on youth and families in grades Pre-K to 2.
• Providing appropriate services and programs for parents of the young people.
• Advocating for a comprehensive vision of youth ministry, based on the 1997 USCCB document, Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
• Participating in the diocesan association of professional youth ministers and in any local youth ministers association.
• Continue to seek training and education as both Youth Minster and Catechist.
• Meets and greets Youth Ministry & Formation visitors and provides hospitality.
• Produces, organizes, compiles, flyers and information materials and distributes to appropriate parties as necessary.
• Prepares and distributes sacramental support materials as directed to parents as necessary.
• Prepares weekly communication materials/folders for the various subsections (groups) ensuring those materials and requested items are available.
• Trains and Oversees catechists and volunteers.
• Handles the arranging for substitutes as necessary.
• Maintains team member file information with current personal information and Catechist certification information.
• Oversees the communication of information necessary for various Diocesan reports. E.g. Diocesan insurance for all parish Youth Members, Catechist formation presenters and programs, Sacramental records, department statistical data and other information.
• Prepares/updates/maintains accurate policy and procedure files for department.
• Reviews/manages/updates web pages and communications with the Parish for Youth Ministry & Formation, Sacraments, and other family formation opportunities.
• Assists in the planning and implementation of ‘staple’ departmental projects.
Experience: Minimum of 2-5 years comprehensive youth ministry experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Catechetics or a related field and youth ministry certification.
• Microsoft Office Proficient
• Technology/social media proficient
• Bi-Lingual a plus
• Ability to prioritize work and work under deadlines
• Effective, welcoming communication skills
• Heart for youth and ministry
Located in the low-country of South Carolina (Diocese or Charleston), St. Gregory the Great is a diverse parish of approximately 4,500 families that span a wide range of demographics. Our parish is re-visioning the approach to youth and family catechesis in order to more fully engage and equip the community to live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Elizabeth Baginski, Accounting/HR Administrator, via email: email@example.com by March 31, 2017