You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on Ascension Sunday with Leah Murphy.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
God wants to transform your heart every day, but He especially wants to transform it when you encounter Him at Mass.
Let Ascend help prepare your heart to encounter Christ in the readings at Mass.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Avondale AZ
The Director of Youth Ministries develops, coordinates and fosters a comprehensive youth ministry program for grades six through twelve. The ideal candidate has the ability to work nights and weekends; complete the of annual diocesan safe environment training; possesses or can obtain a valid AZ Driver’s License; has their own transportation and the ability to drive on parish business in conformance with the Diocese of Phoenix Transportation Policy.
This position is full time with benefits. Competitive salary based on education and experience. A full job description will be provided to all applicants and is also available upon request to email@example.com.
Essential Job Functions:
• Recruits, trains, animates, and maintains a Youth Evangelization Team made up of youth and adult volunteers to ensure continuity between the programs for Junior High and High School and to foster a culture of communion and evangelization.
• Provides weekly youth and teen catechesis and opportunities for youth to hear and respond to the Gospel message; plans, coordinates and implements weekend retreats; fosters a spirit of prayer including evenings of prayer and reflection and one hour per week of intercessory prayer.
• Coordinates and supervises sacramental preparation for all youth in collaboration with other parish staff; plans and facilitates a Confirmation program for grades six through twelve according to Diocesan guidelines.
• Works in collaboration with the diocese to provide leadership training; offers safe environment training and maintains records on each volunteer.
• Prepares, submits, and administers a proposed budget each year; maintains accurate financial records as required by parish policy, and submits periodic reports to the Director of Parish Advancement as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education or Theology OR National Credential in Youth Ministry OR background in theology and educational methodologies, Master’s degree preferred.
• Five years of parish or diocesan experience.
• Must be an active Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church.
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Community is an active, growing parish about 20 miles west of downtown Phoenix AZ. We have approximately 3500 registered parishioners, many of them younger families, and an active Edge and Life Teen program. St. Thomas Aquinas has a parochial elementary school, pre-k through eighth grade, with over 420 children enrolled, and a Diocesan High School, John Paul II, is being built next door which will open in the fall of 2018. Many great and exciting things are happening here!
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume to Geoff Stricklin, Director of Parish Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to the parish office, attention Geoff Stricklin, 13720 W Thomas Rd. Avondale AZ 85392