You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on Ascension Sunday with Leah Murphy.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
God wants to transform your heart every day, but He especially wants to transform it when you encounter Him at Mass.
Let Ascend help prepare your heart to encounter Christ in the readings at Mass.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Santa Rosa Beach, FL
The Director of Youth Formation will be accountable to the Pastor and shall be responsible for the faith formation for children in grades 1-5, including sacramental preparation, to be carried out according to the catechetical norms of the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee. The Director of Youth Formation will also act as Youth Minister for both the Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12) Youth Groups. This would include preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Examples of Duties:
• Plans and directs religious education programs
• Invites, motivates, and forms volunteers to serve as responsible catechists
• Ensures Catechist have completed required Diocesan faith formation training
• Facilitates the growth of personal faith and community among catechists
• Directs the selection process, purchases texts and materials, and instructs catechists in their use
• Reports budget to the Pastor and Finance Council
• Delegates tasks and responsibilities as needed
• Initiates and maintains accurate records on students, families and catechists
• Collaborates with parish staff and other ministers and serves as catechetical resource
• Maintains professional updating through research, classes, workshops, reading, and contact with peers
• Promotes good public relations both within and beyond the parish and is involved in diocesan events
• Maintain policies and record compliance with the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee’s Protecting God’s Children program.
• Direct and plan weekly gatherings of the Middle School Youth Group
• Direct and plan weekly gatherings of the High School Youth Group
Administration and Communication
While this position is accountable to the Pastor, there is a necessity for working and communicating with other parish staff, groups and individuals. They will supervise, on site, all programs and/or activities, attend and participate as an active and engaging member of the parish pastoral council, work with the pastor, staff and the bookkeeper in developing the faith formation budget for the year, prepare the yearly parish education calendar in conjunction with the master parish calendar, and maintain accurate records and files, including attendance, permanent student records and sacramental records, fees and their collection.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the parent – child relationship
• Build community and work as part of a team
• Articulate a vision for comprehensive parish catechesis based on the major catechetical documents of the Church
• Design appropriate catechetical programs and curriculum for adolescents and children based on church documents
• Review, evaluate and develop programs
• Assemble literary and audio-visual resources and use media and technology for effective program implementation
• Provide and facilitate initial and continuing catechist formation opportunities
• Inform, support, and resource parents or primary care givers in the religious formation of their children
Experience and Education:
St. Rita Parish is open to welcoming an inexperienced individual in this area of work and ministry. Although parish ministry experience would be an attractive quality, a devoted, faithful and passionate fully initiated Catholic layperson is the only experience required. We are also open to different academic backgrounds. Knowledge and practice of the Catholic faith is a necessity. A background in Religious Ed., Theology, Scripture or Liturgy would be helpful. Also, a background in youth ministry or missionary experiences would provide a good foundation to build upon here at St. Rita Parish.
Saint Rita Parish is located in one of Florida’s most beautiful beach towns, Santa Rosa Beach. Many young families have started to migrate to our area over the last decade and we are doing our best to keep up with the fast developing area. St. Rita’s pre-school is at capacity with a large waiting list. We want to provide the best formation for our youth to help them remain close to Jesus as they grow up and enter the many challenges of living in today’s world.
We the People of St. Rita Catholic Church, Striving to be a welcoming and inviting community, are nourished by the Sacraments and God’s Word. We accept our mission to proclaim Jesus As Lord to all who come from near and far. We Reach out and respond to others in need and celebrate life and love in Jesus’ name.
Email resume to Father Michael Hartley, parochial vicar, email@example.com.