You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection Video on the 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time with Amanda Grubbs.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
Youth ministry flows from and to the sacraments. This training won't just be about the logistics of ministry. It'll be about renewing your relationship with Christ. We’ve compiled our best training material into one weekend. XLT, Mass, incredible general sessions, and seasoned youth ministry experts make this a training you won't soon forget. You'll be able to walk away from this training knowing you have support from others just like you in the ministry of leading teens closer to Christ!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw? Well, you are not alone. More than a Pretty Face shares the real life story of a young woman who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This is a story full of ups and downs, tears and laughter; a story that is honest, funny, and encouraging.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
• Recruit and train two teams; one team of adult volunteers to assist with the development
and execution of the youth ministry program and one team of high school students to
assist with the formation and discipleship of junior high school students.
• Lead both leadership team meetings to plan program events and to develop the skills of
the adult volunteer team.
• Model true Christian discipleship in evangelization and formation with a humble, joyful
• Collaborate with pastor, staff, parents, children, and volunteers to develop a youth
ministry program that engages children —both inside and outside of the parish—to foster
a relationship with Christ.
• Develop the curriculum and format for weekly meetings for junior high and high school
• Plan an annual calendar of events (e.g., retreats, pilgrimages, camps, conferences,
missions, etc.) aimed at drawing students closer to Christ.
• Incorporate Christian Service initiatives for the youth and families involved in the
• Collaborate with neighboring local youth ministers for a stronger, healthier youth
• Commit oneself to daily prayer as foundation for evangelization
• Meet with students at school and school activities to build relationships, encourage them
in their faith, and to invest the lives of the students.
• Meet with parents as needed to help them deal with student issues and to train them on
best practices for raising a junior high and/or high school student in the faith.
• Ensure proper permission and registration is completed for participation in program and
all related events.
• Collect payment for all fee-related events.
• Develop annual budget and track program expenses against that budget for all programs
and fundraising opportunities.
• Ensure all adults and youth (when applicable) have completed required Archdiocesan
Required Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry, Theology, Secondary
Education, or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership capacity with teenagers in a parish
• Proven ability to develop programming relevant to the New Evangelization and leading a
vibrant, comprehensive parish youth ministry.
• Youth Ministry certification or in process of certification.
• A person of faith with a strong personal relationship with Jesus and a desire to serve and
disciple adolescents and their families;
• Joyful, prayerful, authentic, charitable, and servant-hearted;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate with young
people and adults;
• Natural leader and influencer;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Effective organizer, planner, and communicator;
• Prudent; Mission driven; and creative problem solver.
• Has knowledge of current youth trends and issues within the culture
• Musical background is helpful
St James is located in Arlington Heights, a northwest suburb of Chicago. Our parish has 3900+
families and a school of over 500 students. We are seeking to implement the New Evangelization
and Jesus’ Great Commission (Mt 28:19-20) to make disciples by first being a disciple and then
forming others as disciples. Following this vision, we are seeking a dynamic and passionate
Catholic as a Director of Youth Discipleship and Evangelization (DYDE) to work with students
in junior high (7th & 8th grade) and high school to help them foster a deep relationship with Jesus
and His Church. The DYDE is a full-time paid position and offers a competitive salary
commensurate with time and experience.
Please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover letter
3. Statement of faith (two-five paragraphs describing your faith journey and current spiritual disciplines)