You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on the 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw? Well, you are not alone. More than a Pretty Face shares the real life story of a young woman who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This is a story full of ups and downs, tears and laughter; a story that is honest, funny, and encouraging.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Lakewood, OH
TITLE: Director of Religious Education/Parish Catechetical Leader
PARISH: St. Luke the Evangelist Parish, Lakewood, Ohio
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Pastor
STATUS: Full Time with flexible hours
The Church of St. Luke the Evangelist in Lakewood, Ohio, in the Diocese of Cleveland, is seeking a full time Parish Catechetical Leader/Director of Religious Education. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, organization, implementation and continual evaluation of catechesis for children grades 1-8, including Sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation. He or she will also be expected to conceive, develop, and execute the programs of the Christian Initiation of Adults and Children. The hired person will work closely with St. Luke’s pastoral staff to support families in the catechesis of children and the practice of faith in the daily lives of parishioners. The successful candidate must be an active and practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church. The successful candidate will also be a vibrant and inviting person with a personal and communal faith expression. He or she must have excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with volunteers of the targeted groups mentioned above, as well as the teachers and administration of Lakewood Catholic Academy. A working knowledge of Information Technology and Social Media is recommended.
Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree or above in Theology, Catechetics, Religious Studies, or Pastoral Ministry, Diocesan Parish Catechetical Leader Certification, and a minimum of three years of experience in religious education, catechetics administration, and faith formation programming.
Minimum – Successful experience with faith formation programming, including successful experience as a catechetical leader related to work with children and catechists. A willingness to obtain Diocesan Catechist Certification.
1. To WORK in collaboration with the Pastor and Parish Staff, as well as teachers and the Administration of Lakewood Catholic Academy in realizing the spiritual formation goals of the parish and the Diocese of Cleveland.
2. To ASSESS catechetical needs, plan, design, implement and evaluate a comprehensive vision for parish catechetical programs for children.
3. To PROVIDE program and curriculum design, development, and resources for catechesis at the following levels:
a. Faith formation programs for children (Parish School of Religion)
b. Sacramental preparation:
i. First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation
c. Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults and Children
d. Continued catechesis for Adults
4. To RECRUIT catechists and other volunteers and provide for their training, formation, ongoing development, supervision, and evaluation.
5. To ORGANIZE and IMPLEMENT Vacation Bible School.
6. To DEVELOP and MONITOR, in consultation with the pastor, the catechetical budget for the parish.
7. To DEVELOP the annual calendar for catechetical sessions and special events in consultation with the pastor.
8. To RESEARCH, review and purchase appropriate texts and supplementary materials.
9. To ORGANIZE, supervise, and maintain the catechetical office
10. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, relational ministry; integration of the catechized into full liturgical, missional, and evangelical life of the parish community; annual retreat planning and execution; collaboration with the parish Youth Minister; frequent and effective communication with parents of school aged children.
DEADLINE: Resume review will begin July 5, 2017. The position will remain open until filled.
Read more: http://www.catholicjobs.com/job/9115128292#ixzz4joaxwS3c
We, the Faith Community of St. Luke the Evangelist in Lakewood, Ohio, in the Diocese of Cleveland, building upon our Catholic tradition, seek to grow together by celebrating the presence of Christ in the Eucharist, the Word, and one another.
Like St. Luke, we strive to dedicate ourselves to Jesus Christ. We are called to lives that reach out to all God’s people through prayer, education, service and hospitality.
Read more: http://www.catholicjobs.com/job/9115128292#ixzz4job0v3XR
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER, AND THREE REFERENCES BY EMAIL OR REGULAR MAIL TO:
Rev. Kevin P. Elbert
St. Luke the Evangelist Parish
1212 Bunts Road
Lakewood, Ohio 44107