You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on the 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time with Mark Hart
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
Life Teen Women's Retreats are an incredible opportunity for women from all walks of life to come together for an inspiring, refreshing weekend retreat. Come grow in prayer and sisterhood at either Camp Covecrest in the mountains of Georgia, or the beautiful St. Louis, MO. Registration opens November 1st!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw? Well, you are not alone. More than a Pretty Face shares the real life story of a young woman who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This is a story full of ups and downs, tears and laughter; a story that is honest, funny, and encouraging.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Corsicana, TX
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
Director of Music and Liturgy
November 1, 2017
Full-Time Exempt/40 Hours week
General Summary of the Position
To build and sustain congregational song at weekend Liturgies. (Saturday 5:30 PM, Sunday 8:00 & 9:30 AM). Also, foster active participation at the liturgy through congregational singing, reflective and prayerful execution of instrumental and choral/solo musical selections.
Ensure quality music and liturgical celebrations that enhance the “…full, active and conscious participation…” of the Immaculate Conception Parish Family.
Both positions may require some evenings and weekends.
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRY
• Responsible for all music associated with worship, religious education, parish school, social ministry, and evangelization in the parish
• Select quality music choices for all Parish Masses, rituals, and related events, based on the three judgments of music: Musical, Liturgical, and Pastoral
• Play for weekend, Holy Day, school and youth ministry liturgies
• Direct weekly rehearsals of the Parish Adult Choir and Youth Choir
• Recruit, train, and maintain the membership of the Parish Choir
• Recruit, train, and maintain the membership of the Parish Cantor Program
• Collaborate with and support the Director of Youth Ministry
• Play, sing or ensure a qualified substitute to serve for Masses of Christian Burial
• Play, sing, or ensure a qualified substitute to serve for Wedding liturgies
• Play, sing, or ensure a qualified substitute to serve for Stations of the Cross
• Communicate with volunteers of the Parish Music Ministry by providing calendars and informational messages of upcoming events
• Research, order, and maintain the Parish music library and copyright licensing
• Request, maintenance/repair of Parish piano and other instruments
• Ensure qualified substitutes are enlisted when Director of Music and Liturgy is absent
• Maintain Parish Music Budget
• Serve as a music resource to our 2 Spanish Mass choirs, though not responsible for them
• Execute management and effective utilization of sound system, request for maintenance and repairs.
• Provide visible, accessible presence at parish events
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Pastor
DIRECTOR OF LITURGY
• Under supervision of and in collaboration with the Pastor, coordinate all parish liturgies and related events
• Collaborate with, and support the Pastor in Liturgy and Music
• Supervise, collaborate with, and support the Liturgy Committee at seasonal meetings in preparation for celebrations of the liturgical year
• Recruit, facilitate and support the Liturgical Servant leaders in their respective ministries, as they offer initial and on-going training and spiritual formation to the liturgical volunteers
• Recruit and support Mass Coordinators for the weekend liturgies
• Coordinate rites and liturgical services in conjunction with:
o RCIA Team
o Faith Formation Teams for First Eucharist and Confirmation
o Other Parish organizations as deemed necessary by the Pastor
• Coordinate and plan for Masses of Christian Burial
o Serve as liaison between Parish and funeral homes and/or families to schedule dates/times for Vigils and Masses.
o Coordinate with sacristans to prepare for Masses of Christian Burial
• Meet with family members and/or friends of deceased to assist with preparations for Masses of Christian Burial, including:
o Selection of Scriptures and music for Mass
o Provide brief biographical notes about the deceased for use by Priest or Deacon
o Explain the ways family members may serve in various roles at Mass, if desired.
o Coordination with Funeral Meal Ministry, if a luncheon will be served
• Coordinate and plan for Wedding Masses or Liturgies of the Word
o Coordinate with wedding coordinator to prepare for Wedding Liturgies
o Meet with wedding couples to assist with preparations for the liturgical celebration of the wedding, including:
Selection and approval of appropriate music for service
Notify/collaborate with Parish Wedding Coordinator regarding musical elements of the wedding
• In collaboration with Pastor, prepare scripts for celebration of Holy Days, Triduum rituals, and other celebrations throughout the liturgical year.
• Maintain current knowledge of liturgical norms and documents through on-going study and research
• Request maintenance /repair of parish sound and video systems
• In collaboration with Pastor and Altar Society, research and order liturgical supplies as needed
• Maintain Parish liturgy budget
• Attend Diocesan Liturgy and Music Directors meetings
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or related field
• Excellent keyboard or guitar skills, vocal technique and choral conducting skills and ability to read music
• Knowledge of Catholic Liturgy, including liturgical documents and music resources
• 0-2 years’ experience in leading liturgical ministry in a Catholic Parish
• Knowledge of Roman Missal and Lectionary
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Publisher, social media)
• Excellent communication skills (works well with adults, high school students and children)
• Eclectic/versatile musical knowledge and styles including standard modern Catholic music, traditional hymns, and Praise & Worship style of music
• Working knowledge of basic sound system functions
• Spanish a plus
• Practicing Catholic
• Must be able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time
• Requires use of hands to play musical instruments
• Must be able to speak and hear
• Must be capable of lifting 15+ pounds
Vibrant parish on 24 scenic acres. Top of the line equipment, set up for contemporary and traditional worship settings, including Life Teen Mass. Open, warm and inviting parish. Come see us!
• Send Resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com
• Deadline is October 31, 2017