You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on Ascension Sunday with Leah Murphy.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
God wants to transform your heart every day, but He especially wants to transform it when you encounter Him at Mass.
Let Ascend help prepare your heart to encounter Christ in the readings at Mass.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Columbia, SC
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry is a faithful and faith filled, energetic and creative Catholic who will provide leadership, support and vision for the formation and development of the faith life of youth (grades 6th through 12th) of St. John Neumann Parish.
• Develop and lead pastoral strategies for evangelization of young people
• Create a welcoming multi-cultural environment for all youth of the parish and build community among youth who attend different schools
• Create processes for ongoing growth of youth as disciples of Jesus, in knowledge of their faith, and in discernment of their gifts and calling
• Creatively plan and implement worship and prayer opportunities for youth
• Foster opportunities for fellowship while encouraging the involvement of young people in the broader life of the parish
• Provide opportunities to experience and express caring service and compassion for others
• Implement a comprehensive 6-12 grade faith formation program including sacramental preparation for the celebration of Confirmation
• Recruit (including bi-lingual), train, supervise, mentor, and evaluate program volunteers
• Be an advocate on behalf of youth before the parish, deanery, diocese and community
• Promote a comprehensive communication plan including email communications, weekly Bulletin announcements, newsletter articles and social media announcements to keep parish, parents and youth informed of activities
• Develop, control and assess the allotted budget for the operation of the program
• Maintain a positive working relationship with the parish, deanery, diocese and wider civic opportunities
• Be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with an active prayer and faith life
• Have a basic understanding of Catholic theology, morality, doctrine, sacraments, Sacred Scripture, Christology and Ecclesiology
• Have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and will be able to interact with co-workers, volunteers, parishioners, parents and youth
• Have excellent organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks within an office setting
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and with the pastor, as required.
• Ability to successfully complete all background screenings mandated by the Diocese of Charleston and St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and proven leadership experience in youth ministry preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish highly preferred
• Competence in MS Office Suite and ability to learn parish database program
• Full-Time, Exempt, flexible hours
• Excellent benefits with generous paid time off
• Reports to Business Manager; must work closely with Pastor, Director of Religious Education and Pastoral Associate for Liturgy
• Salary based on experience
St. John Neumann Catholic Church, located in Northeast Columbia, South Carolina is a vibrant and growing parish of 2,000 families is seeking a full-time Coordinator of Youth Ministry to join the Parish Administrative Staff. Our staff enjoys serving our parishioners, creating ways to grow professionally and spiritually.
Send resumes, references and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 21, 2017.